Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Bones Memorial Cook!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Bones Memorial Cook!

Welcome to the Mr. Bones........These Bones are for you! Memorial cook.

There is no question that Mr. Bones was a valued member of our community here at Amazingribs.com. To honor him, we would like to invite everyone to do a memorial cook in his honor. (March 19th, 2022)

Please feel free to post throughout the day and night. We would love to see pictures of your cooks, set up and maybe having a drink to Mr. Bones.

Thank you to everyone that is participating, I know Bones would have loved to see this. Now.......Let's see them Bones!

Here is to you Bonesy!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_157743.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	100.2 KB ID:	1191343

I'm in. I Think about him every day and will happily honor our Dear Brother.

Comment

Let’s get this party started.
      This is the best way we can honor our dear friend Mr. Bones.
      After all this is what brings us together.

We all love you Mr. Bones and will always remember and miss you. My friend. ❤️

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 👍👍

• Sweaty Paul
        Sweaty Paul commented
        Editing a comment
        +1

Part 1:

Guinness Gringo Barracho Beans

2lbs mixed beans
      1 yellow onion
      1 can RoTel
      2 bottles Guinness
      1 smoked pork tenderloin
      1 tsp Mexican oregano
      Garlic and salt to taste at the end

Might let this go on low until Sunday when I do part 2 and put the two together, but the bowl I just had was glorious... but I did have 4 bottles Guinness into the chef before hand...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220318_204218.jpg Views:	7 Size:	2.69 MB ID:	1191368
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220318_113751.jpg Views:	7 Size:	2.35 MB ID:	1191367
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220318_121242.jpg Views:	7 Size:	2.72 MB ID:	1191369
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220318_140333.jpg Views:	7 Size:	1.38 MB ID:	1191363
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220318_143532.jpg Views:	7 Size:	1.62 MB ID:	1191365
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220318_155417.jpg Views:	7 Size:	1.87 MB ID:	1191364
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220318_204102.jpg Views:	7 Size:	1.87 MB ID:	1191366
      Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; March 18, 2022, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        pulled them off the stove about an hour ago, the broth has reduced perfectly. Can't wait to tuck into these tomorrow.

• efincoop
        efincoop commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for posting the bean recipe, they sound delicious!

• Beefchop
        Beefchop commented
        Editing a comment
        That sure pretty partner!

Prep work started: Duroc ribs from Creekstone Farms. Dry brine of 50/50 pink Himalayan salt and Redboat fish salt applied. I'll cook them on the SnS Kamado. In Loving Memory...

Click image for larger version  Name:	MrBones1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.73 MB ID:	1191371
      Last edited by 58limited; March 18, 2022, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I'm doing one of those Creekstone Duroc racks too! Maybe we both got them at the recent sale, 4 in a bundle?

Ready to go for tomorrow!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20220318_111203.jpg
Views:	1173
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	1191374

Comment

• 58limited
          58limited commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, I got the four fer sale. Cooked one rack a few weeks ago - best ribs I've made to date.

Not much to show right now. Just two racks o ribs, which are peeled and dry brined and resting in the fridge.

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          SG. Cain’t wait to see your cook tomorrow. It’s gonna be a glorious day.

I got a pork shoulder going on about 1am, then about noon tomorrow I'll slide that dude over and lay some ribs down and take her up a bit in temperature.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Which cooker are you running this on?

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          jfmorris Pellet, it runs about 230 on the chimney end when I set it at 200. I have an extra layer of foil to catch butt drippings; for the ribs I remove extra foil and move butt closer to the hopper and set pellet at 225 so I can have about 275 for my ribs and the butt will still be running 225-230-ish

• Beefchop
          Beefchop commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you put some Tony's on them ribs?

Got a couple racks of baby backs ready to go. Miss you everyday Mr. Bones!

Comment

Same here. I’m using Meathead’s commercial rub, so I applied it tonight as the dry brine. I have some dust mixed up for tomorrow if they need more (I don’t think so though).

Click image for larger version

Name:	690F5EAD-1EC5-4ECF-9086-F2170599AD30.jpeg
Views:	1190
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	1191391

Comment

As previously noted, my cook was done today. I will wait till Saturday to post results. If weather clears, tommorow, might add some stuff. Guinness will be poured in a toast. I've been laying off the hard stuff. So it will be beer and wine for me. Man, I miss him.

Comment

I didn’t know if I could BBQ on Saturday, so Wednesday I did these baby backs on the Weber/SnS in Bonesy’s honor. I’ve always done MMD with hickory chunks, but this time I went with Meat Church’s Honey Hogg and cherry wood chunks that my daughter gave me for Christmas. I forgot the "before" pic - the first pic is about an hour in. They were delicious.

RIP Mr Bones, and Godspeed.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Sid P; March 18, 2022, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Got my Creekstone Farms plate ribs that Bonsey graciously gave me for this year’s past Secret Santa’s gift.
                All trimmed up and seasoned. Note. This is only half of what he gave me. The other plate ribs will be cooked on another special day.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	AAE82CC1-15A1-48EA-99B2-A171B5590C31.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.60 MB ID:	1191410 Click image for larger version  Name:	94915982-7C5B-45DF-A987-10612DBECCB7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.96 MB ID:	1191411
                Last edited by Steve B; March 18, 2022, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• klflowers
                  klflowers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beauteous Bonsey is grinning ear to ear

• Sweaty Paul
                  Sweaty Paul commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Those look delicious. Bet you’ll love them!

• Beefchop
                  Beefchop commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I respect the prep work!

Ribs salting tonight. Will go on tomorrow midday with bbq beans. Some Tennessee sippin’ whiskey to go into the beans and the pittmaster in Bonesy’s honor. Gonna also do some chicken bones. Need to feed a neighbor who had back surgery today. Pics coming tomorrow for sure.
                Last edited by Texas Larry; March 18, 2022, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Steve B
                  Steve B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love it. 👊

• Dr. Pepper
                  Dr. Pepper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good neighbor!

• Lodi,WI Dan
                  Lodi,WI Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're a good person, Texas Larry !

Ribs in the refrigerator now and about to get a dusting of salt.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here