Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recipe ideas for new rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recipe ideas for new rotisserie

Hey all, first time posting on here long time lurker. So I have a 22 in weber charcoal grill and this Christmas I got a great gift of a rotisserie for it. I am trying to come up with some good recipe ideas for it so I am asking for your help. My first thought is obviously a whole chicken and also al pastor but since this is my first rotisserie I'm hopeful for some fantastic ideas from this amazing community. So please if you have any recipes or ideas I am completely open to suggestions, thanks!
    Attached Files

I have two.

#1. Whole (or half) boneless pork loin. Dry brine over night. Hit with your favorite pork rub, wrap completely with thin sliced bacon, then more rub on top of the bacon. Tie it up nice and round so it cooks evenly. Spin it to an internal temp of your liking (I like about 140-145) with a bbq sauce glaze near the end. Bbq sauce is optional of course.

#2. Boneless leg of lamb. Butterfly iy out to a more or less even thickness while trimming off any large excess hunks of fat. Don’t trim it all off though. Lightly brush what will be the inside surface with olive oil. Hit with a Greek style herb blend, granulated garlic, S&P, any other greek style spice you like, and a little lemon juice. Roll and tie it up nice and tight. Then hit the outside with the same seasoning. Spin it over medium heat until no more than medium IT. Slice and serve.

These are both pretty easy and very yummy.

Comment

• ffratant
      ffratant commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome great idea thanks! Especially the leg of lamb, sounds similar to a shawarma so definitely need to do that!

Cornish game hens with a sweet teriyaki glaze!

Comment

• ffratant
      ffratant commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh fantastic idea as well thanks so much! I even got a homemade teriyaki chili sauce given to me that I could use it with

I would go with as mentioned above Cornish Game Hens.
    If you have Raichlens Barbaque Bible or even Google it he has a pretty decent and easy Rotis Rib receipe that is pretty comparable to the ones I have eaten in France.
    You are going to love the rotis ring.

Comment

• ffratant
      ffratant commented
      Editing a comment
      I do have Raichlens BBQ Bible I didnt realize he had Rotisserie ribs in it, that is definitely next on the list. Raichlen's books for those that dont know are some of the best bbq books out there, next to meatheads books that is haha.

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      ffratant do not forget the herbes de provence and the lemon baste with rosemary twig.
      I think he has more than 1 rotis rib offering. I seem to remember one with garlic and wine.
      I think I might have mis-stated the book it might be his How to Grill book not sure though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200830_1859002.jpg
Views:	1437
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	964757Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200830_1858566.jpg
Views:	1399
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	964758Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200830_1859172.jpg
Views:	1408
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	964759 I did chickens with my first rotisserie cook. Second I did a version of pork belly porchetta: https://amazingribs.com/porchetta I followed that technique but went "philly cheesesteak style" by filling it with caramelized onions, grilled multi color peppers, and cheese! (I used provolone. I was afraid American cheese or whiz would just leak out during the cook)
    Last edited by Maxriptin; December 29, 2020, 11:11 AM. Reason: Edited for adding pics

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Where are the pics? Did this really happen?

• ffratant
      ffratant commented
      Editing a comment
      oh this looks amazing this is definitely something I will do! I would love some pics if you have as well

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh man, it really happened! That looks excellent!

First, welcome to The Pit. Next - the Weber rotisserie comes with a skewer and two two tined forks. That's perfect for four hot dogs! Or may be a chuck roast or prime rib. I've done up to a 16 lb turkey and that was my dear departed MIL's favorite.

You can cook all sorts of things in a round rotisserie basket with beef or chicken stir fry being a top choice.

Comment

• ffratant
      ffratant commented
      Editing a comment
      oh stir fry what a great idea I had never thought of that! Definitely need that basket too so thanks for sharing that!

I often do a Rib Roast on my rotisserie ..... buy the Rib Roast with rib bones on, but remove them before cooking. Fold and tie into a nice even tube. Then stick on your rotisserie and go to town .... I dry brine the night before, then do Mrs. O’Leary’s Cow Crust or nice thick layer of Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Comment

• ffratant
      ffratant commented
      Editing a comment
      oh now I wish I had saved the prime rib I did the weekend before christmas! Well I suppose its a good excuse to get another one haha

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, use the bones for beef stock :-)

New York Strip Roast
    Took four 2 inch thick roasts removed the fat cap only. Salted and rubbed some Memphis dust on both sides. Put back in fridge for 3 hrs.
    Stacked them together and tide to creat a long rolled roast.

you can use a slow n sear, Weber baskets, or just fire under or on the side. You can even grill with the lid off with fire underneath.

I use channel locks on the end of the spit for balance. Easier to use than the weight that comes with it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171021_133023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.83 MB ID:	963286Click image for larger version  Name:	20171021_153839.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.60 MB ID:	963287Click image for larger version  Name:	20171021_153911.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	963288
    Last edited by Joetee; December 26, 2020, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Pork Collar (AKA Coppa, AKA "Money Muscle") removed from pork butt for sliced pork roast.

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1456
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	963359

Name:	sliced.jpg
Views:	1420
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	963360

Comment

Deboned leg of lamb dry brined with SPG and 1.5hrs/# @230f, mouth watering, sorry no pics

Comment

My favorite things are rib roasts and porchetta. But chickens, game hens and turkeys are also terrific. Don't forget the drip pans.

Comment

Huh. Nobody said Picanha. Probably would be the first thing I tried.

Name:	DE8FAF5F-8BA7-485D-9D8F-3FEAFBCB8839.jpeg
Views:	1340
Size:	406.6 KB
ID:	1012429

Comment

• AdequateEatin
              AdequateEatin commented
              Editing a comment
              Geez that is one of the most salivating inducing photos I have seen in a long time. I wish I had you eye for photography.

• JCBBQ
              JCBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              AdequateEatin actually I’ve got an eye for Google. I ripped this from a Picanha search to show OP what I meant. I just wish I had a rotisserie 😆

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here