Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recipe ideas for new rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    AdequateEatin actually I’ve got an eye for Google. I ripped this from a Picanha search to show OP what I meant. I just wish I had a rotisserie 😆

• AdequateEatin
    commented on 's reply
    Geez that is one of the most salivating inducing photos I have seen in a long time. I wish I had you eye for photography.

• JCBBQ
    replied
    Huh. Nobody said Picanha. Probably would be the first thing I tried.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DE8FAF5F-8BA7-485D-9D8F-3FEAFBCB8839.jpeg
Views:	1538
Size:	406.6 KB
ID:	1012429

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Oh man, it really happened! That looks excellent!

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Also, use the bones for beef stock :-)

• tiewunon
    commented on 's reply
    ffratant do not forget the herbes de provence and the lemon baste with rosemary twig.
    I think he has more than 1 rotis rib offering. I seem to remember one with garlic and wine.
    I think I might have mis-stated the book it might be his How to Grill book not sure though.

• ffratant
    commented on 's reply
    oh now I wish I had saved the prime rib I did the weekend before christmas! Well I suppose its a good excuse to get another one haha

• ffratant
    commented on 's reply
    oh stir fry what a great idea I had never thought of that! Definitely need that basket too so thanks for sharing that!

• ffratant
    commented on 's reply
    oh this looks amazing this is definitely something I will do! I would love some pics if you have as well

• ffratant
    commented on 's reply
    I do have Raichlens BBQ Bible I didnt realize he had Rotisserie ribs in it, that is definitely next on the list. Raichlen's books for those that dont know are some of the best bbq books out there, next to meatheads books that is haha.

• Bkhuna
    replied
    My favorite things are rib roasts and porchetta. But chickens, game hens and turkeys are also terrific. Don't forget the drip pans.

Leave a comment:

• Stuey1515
    replied
    Deboned leg of lamb dry brined with SPG and 1.5hrs/# @230f, mouth watering, sorry no pics

Leave a comment:

• johnec00
    replied
    Pork Collar (AKA Coppa, AKA "Money Muscle") removed from pork butt for sliced pork roast.

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1655
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	963359

Name:	sliced.jpg
Views:	1616
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	963360

Leave a comment:

• Joetee
    replied
    New York Strip Roast
    Took four 2 inch thick roasts removed the fat cap only. Salted and rubbed some Memphis dust on both sides. Put back in fridge for 3 hrs.
    Stacked them together and tide to creat a long rolled roast.

you can use a slow n sear, Weber baskets, or just fire under or on the side. You can even grill with the lid off with fire underneath.

I use channel locks on the end of the spit for balance. Easier to use than the weight that comes with it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20171021_133023.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.83 MB ID:	963286Click image for larger version  Name:	20171021_153839.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.60 MB ID:	963287Click image for larger version  Name:	20171021_153911.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	963288
    Last edited by Joetee; December 26, 2020, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    I often do a Rib Roast on my rotisserie ..... buy the Rib Roast with rib bones on, but remove them before cooking. Fold and tie into a nice even tube. Then stick on your rotisserie and go to town .... I dry brine the night before, then do Mrs. O’Leary’s Cow Crust or nice thick layer of Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here