Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSCG vs S6 Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSCG vs S6 Kamado

Does anyone know what the difference is between the WSCG and the S6 kamado? Other than price point.

Been wondering the same thing. Following this thread.

Comment

My understanding is that the only differences are the removal of the charcoal igniter, a less substantial diffuser plate and a less sturdy stand that the Summit Kamado sits in. Weber announced yesterday that they are aware are going to revise the stand.

I read on another forum that they are going to return the support bracket to the triangle at the bottom of the stand and increase the number of locking wheels from one to three (the current stand only has one locking wheel at the front while the two wheels at the back are non-locking). This info is based on what this person was told when he called Weber customer support today. I haven’t seen an official statement from Weber yet that verifies these change to the stand.

Comment

The threads below may help you:

I got an email today, and I have a call with someone tomorrow. I am very happy to see Weber address this issue in less than two weeks. https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/behind-the-grill/product-update-to-weber-com-shoppers-and-summit-kamado-e6-charcoal-grill-owners/weber-2105129.html?fbclid=IwAR0OPmSxv9AkGxM0esCy-fpv

While I awaited the arrival of my Summit Kamado, I read posts about the concerns with Weber's new stripped down stand for it and general concerns about overall quality that made me seriously wonder whether I had made a mistake in purchasing it. I put the grill together this week and made this video that covers my new take about

This will be a bit long, but I wanted to update for people considering the new Kamado. I received it one week ago today, and have cooked on it twice. The good. I used it once as a grill, and the sear on the burgers was great. Temp of 400. Did not use much fuel. Cook two was yesterday, and the day started at 23 degrees with

The new versions of the WSCG are now online at Weber.com though not able to be purchased yet. Pretty much inline with earlier predictions. $999 for cart-less model (ignitor removed), $1699 with cart and starter. Cart model loses charcoal bin and diffuser storage rack. The features list under specifications still has a stainless

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here