Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weber Summit Kamado | First Impressions & Walkaround Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weber Summit Kamado | First Impressions & Walkaround Video

While I awaited the arrival of my Summit Kamado, I read posts about the concerns with Weber's new stripped down stand for it and general concerns about overall quality that made me seriously wonder whether I had made a mistake in purchasing it. I put the grill together this week and made this video that covers my new take about the stand and my first impressions about the overall build quality of the grill and everything that comes with it.

Give Weber Kamado a couple of years to improve!
    Glad I waited on the Smokefire, and it is BIG NOT! for me right now.

Comment

Very nice overview, Ken ... thank you!

Comment

Dang Ken. How many cookers do you now have?😁

I think a walk around video is in order.
        Just saying/asking. πŸ‘

Comment

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          kenrobin - Everyone knows that 13 is an unlucky number. Better make it 14 cookers just to be safe!

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Yours and Ken's advice were huge factors for me deciding on the LSG. That will only make 12 for me, but who's counting!!

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ @CaptianMike
          Love ya my friend.

Nice Video. Awesome collection of grills. I hope ypu don't mind but I wanted to bring the link to the Weber Recall forward.

Comment

• kenrobin
          kenrobin commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for posting it here. I also pinned the link to Weber's notice to the top of the comments on my YouTube posting. Now I'm wondering if I received one of the "sturdier" stands or if mine is also part of the recall. I tip my cap to Weber to being much more proactive this time when compared to how they responded to consumer concerns about the SmokeFire.

• Alabama Smoke
          Alabama Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to see Weber addressing this issue. I am on the fence now and will wait to see how it turns out. I have other cookers and expect to pickup a nice Performer used at a good price later today.

Sounds like they understand that the product is subpar and r looking to make it right. I give them credit for that, just seems that they probably should have noticed that originally, but they seem to be making it right

Comment

Thanks again for another informative video. Would be glad to hear what the Weber fix does to the stability when, and if, you receive it.

Comment

Great job Ken.

Comment

I so enjoy your videos, Ken. Thank you for taking the time, effort and expense to produce such a high quality and informative product. Plus, with your voice you could make reading aloud a telephone book sound interesting! Carry on.

Comment

RonB
                CaptainMike

Donw

Thanks guys!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here