Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bean soup from leftover smoked ham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bean soup from leftover smoked ham

So tried the spice apricot glaze from Chris Lilly recipe turned out great had been wanting some bean soup so smoked another ham with the glaze cut it up and used about 3/4 cup of the ham broth/glaze in the soup and turned out qreat with a nice sweet Smokey flavor to it. Anyone else try this or have any good recipes for a start

I made white bean, kale, and smoked ham soup from the Christmas meal leftovers. The family is still nom-noming it. Also added the ham drippings from the platter to the soup. Super yummy.

Kathryn

Comment

I haven't tried it, but it sounds great.

Comment

I have a ham bone in the freezer from Christmas to make bean soup in a couple weeks. You are all making me hungry for bean soup tonight!

Comment

White beans, the ham bone from Christmas, some of the odd chunks of ham, carrots, a cup of white wine .... yum
          Last edited by ecowper; January 1, 2017, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Leftover Q in butternut squash or yam soup is dynamite.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqoaf View Post
              Leftover Q in butternut squash or yam soup is dynamite.
              First Pit post of 2017, congrats!

Well, according to EST that is, and New York City's ball drop.

Comment

We make split pea soup with the leftover ham and ham bone. Good stuff.

Comment

Split pea soup on the menu here too...smoked the ham on the PK this year. Taking some of the soup to my dad today, an annual ritual.

Comment

• nickgutnick
                    nickgutnick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We do the same, everyone gets a quart! This year was a home brined/smoked ham. Very good Split Pea.

Doesn't anyone but me eat Blackeyed Peas on New Years Day? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0878.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	259733

Comment

• Dr ROK
                    Dr ROK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Blackeyed peas and collard greens. Meal made in heaven!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here