Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboy candy question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy candy question

I've made it before, it is exceptional. Here is the question:

What do you think about making it with different kinds of peppers, mixed? Like, jalapenos, habaneros, cherry peppers, cubanelles, serranos, etc?

On the one hand, why not? On the other hand, they have some pretty different flavor profiles, not even to mention heat profiles. They're all good, but peanut butter and radishes are both good, too. Wouldn't mix them.

I say go for it. The different flavor profiles will go well together. Smokey high heat from the Habaneros, sharp-fresh heat form the serranos, a little sweet heat from the cherry peppers.....that sounds like a flavor profile I would like.

Comment

I don't see how mixing them up could go far wrong!

Comment

Ummmmmm ..... YUM!

Comment

Okay, I'm all in then!

Comment

Butter spread on radishes is apparently a thing in France. Not peanut butter but sill. I tried it and it was good!

​​​​​​Go ahead and mix those peppers.

Comment

Well you know, if Barbie can do it, you can too !!!!

Comment

Mixing peppers is always good! Excuse a noob, but what is cowboy candy?

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
                  Mixing peppers is always good! Excuse a noob, but what is cowboy candy?
                  Sweet pickled jalapenos. They are freaking awesome. Cut out the seeds and veins for light heat, do them whole for heat.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...C3%B1os-recipe

Comment

This looked so awesome I put a batch up the minute I got home! Can't wait to dig in!

Comment

I love these on pretty much everything.

Comment

I’d be very careful with habaneros, but it’s your digestive tract and I’m a bit of a wimp.

Comment

Originally posted by Potkettleblack View Post
                          I’d be very careful with habaneros, but it’s your digestive tract and I’m a bit of a wimp.
                          Already done! They're hot, but if you trim out all the white stuff there's no sustain to the heat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_70439.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	548959

​​​​​​​

Comment

They taste great in salads. Your mixture will add to the color presentation, as well.

Comment

I’ve done em individually before with habanero and then Serrano’s. Each one is a little hotter. My neighbor can only handle the jalapeños. Which I have a project when I get home tonight
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	BC699F85-924A-40CE-B2A7-5826785E9489.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	549158

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here