Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatch Charger Chiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Haven't made pasta in awhile, need to dig out the old pasta machine. I'm going to try the Hatch tortilla recipe that has been posted on another thread.

• barelfly
    replied
    ofelles or 58limited if you are handy at making fresh pasta, roast some green chile up, throw it in a mini processor and add it to your pasta dough. Make a green chile fettuccine and add some to the Alfredo sauce, and some chicken if you are feeling fancy.

I looked for an old photo, but couldn’t find the fettuccine noodles but I did find green chile mac and cheese, green chile rigatoni noodles instead. It’s an old photo, so hopefully the quality is decent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EC9A1F5B-4DDB-4C8E-9372-4F6BEED09013.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	890848
    Last edited by barelfly; August 3, 2020, 01:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Hats off to you for a great chile relleno!!!

• ofelles
    replied
    All this talk about Hatch chiles. And the thread on the shortbread cookies with hatch chiles. I pre-ordered a box of fresh chiles back in March , I have a standing order for fire roasted chiles every 3 months and I just ordered another 5 pound box of fresh chiles.
    I made a green Chile burger the other night. Probably Wednesday I am making a chicken Hatch Chile tortilla soup. And 58limited shared a recipe for a Hatch Chile shrimp lime soup I need to make. This weekend I'm making a fire roasted Hatch chile dip as an appetizer off the beef stroganoff.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Them look Glorious, amigo!

Droolin in progress....

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Looks awesome! I've only made chili rellenos once and I hope that I can reproduce the recipe for these Charger peppers. I had made Sam the Cooking Guy's bean burrito recipe with Spanish rice. After eating that for several days I decided I needed a change. I had some Anaheims in the fridge and a ground beef & pork blend that browned with some onion and seasoned with taco seasoning. Put all that into the peppers with some cheese, battered and fried them, and, OMG, was it good.

• ColonialDawg
    commented on 's reply
    I make a traditional chiles rellenos with red sauce using this recip:

Chiles Rellenos recipe from Pati's Mexican Table Season 4, Episode 11 "Family Favorites"

• ColonialDawg
    replied
    I wanted to roast mine on the grill but we had T-storms last night so I had to use the gas stove instead. My house smelled glorious. Here they are roasted and vacuum sealed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200801_064730.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.85 MB ID:	889569

And here are the chile rellenos I had for dinner. They were amazing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200731_194446.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	889570
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200731_194733.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	889571
    Last edited by ColonialDawg; August 1, 2020, 05:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Did ya git a chance to roast any??? Ahm'a roast some, freeze some, an done started givin some away to some Good Folks, hereabouts...'s how my life works...;D

Love to hear yer receipt fer rellenos, if ya don't mind sharin... everbody has they own, an I'm always learnin, keeps my poor ol brain both happy, an (blessedly) occupied, so it don't dwell on other (meaninless) shite, especial at present...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 31, 2020, 06:14 PM. Reason: Jus wanted to blather some more LOL! :-)

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Huge an smell good is dang dang right, Brother!!!
    Never had me no Fresh before, but it's already been declared an annual MUST!
    Thanks fer th rellenos idea, gonna haveta pick up some cream cheese after work.

ColonialDawg
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 31, 2020, 06:16 PM.

• ColonialDawg
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful

• ColonialDawg
    replied
    Just got mine yesterday. They are HUGE and smell awesome. Unfortunately, we are having T-storms in my area so I might have to roast mine on my gas stove. Chile rellenos tonight!

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Heavy doesn’t describe the rain they got! Absolutely flooding! Some crazy videos on the local channels out this way showing the walls of water.

But - enjoy those chiles!

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    My 5# Chargers arrived today (Thursday), WOOT!!!

Preston said there was a delay last week, due to heavy rains, that precluded harvestin...
    I did took some pics, will git em up rye cheer Friday, after work...

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    replied
    Mine arrived today, 10lbs.

On the PK:

Name:	100_3126.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	888949

In a pan to steam. Then, vacuum seal and freeze.

Name:	100_3127.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	888950

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here