Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatch Charger Chiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatch Charger Chiles

From the Hatch Chile Store. We have Charger Fresh Hatch Green Chile!
    https://www.hatch-green-chile.com/pr...SEg3ZlN4In0%3D

I just bought 10 lbs. Would have bought more but I already have some Green and red Big Jims coming, plus if our local HEB gets them this year I plan to buy a case. Between the Hatch chiles and my 80 or so pepper plants (if they produce) I'm going to be chilied out this year.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel yer pain, please, do lemme know If I can relieve ya of any kinda onerous, cantankerous chile pepper overload, or aggravation. I have cash. An I do happen to eat peppers.

• cgrover60
      cgrover60 commented
      Editing a comment
      80 pepper plants? Man, those produce at all and you are going to be a picking fool.

• 58limited
      58limited commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope they produce, I was a little late planting them. I planted multicolor bells, jalapenos, poblanos, tabascos, chili petins, and a few Big Jims.

Thanks to yerself, Brother, I gots me 5# on th way, we'll see how that works out; I'm mostly guessin Deliciously lol
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 14, 2020, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks. Just put my order in. Also pre-ordered some extra hot lumbre chilies - going to be on pins and needles waiting on those babies.
      Last edited by klflowers; July 14, 2020, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Lived in NM all my life and wondered what in the heck is a charger chile. Interesting, now I know.

Comment

5-pounds just ordered. The two Big Jims in my garden are also just starting to produce fruit. Good times.

Comment

Mine arrived today, 10lbs.

On the PK:

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3126.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	888949

In a pan to steam. Then, vacuum seal and freeze.

Name:	100_3127.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	888950

Comment

• ColonialDawg
              ColonialDawg commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful

My 5# Chargers arrived today (Thursday), WOOT!!!

Preston said there was a delay last week, due to heavy rains, that precluded harvestin...
            I did took some pics, will git em up rye cheer Friday, after work...

Comment

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              Heavy doesn’t describe the rain they got! Absolutely flooding! Some crazy videos on the local channels out this way showing the walls of water.

But - enjoy those chiles!

Just got mine yesterday. They are HUGE and smell awesome. Unfortunately, we are having T-storms in my area so I might have to roast mine on my gas stove. Chile rellenos tonight!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Huge an smell good is dang dang right, Brother!!!
              Never had me no Fresh before, but it's already been declared an annual MUST!
              Thanks fer th rellenos idea, gonna haveta pick up some cream cheese after work.

ColonialDawg
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 31, 2020, 06:16 PM.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Did ya git a chance to roast any??? Ahm'a roast some, freeze some, an done started givin some away to some Good Folks, hereabouts...'s how my life works...;D

Love to hear yer receipt fer rellenos, if ya don't mind sharin... everbody has they own, an I'm always learnin, keeps my poor ol brain both happy, an (blessedly) occupied, so it don't dwell on other (meaninless) shite, especial at present...
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 31, 2020, 06:14 PM. Reason: Jus wanted to blather some more LOL! :-)

• ColonialDawg
              ColonialDawg commented
              Editing a comment
              I make a traditional chiles rellenos with red sauce using this recip:

Chiles Rellenos recipe from Pati's Mexican Table Season 4, Episode 11 "Family Favorites"

I wanted to roast mine on the grill but we had T-storms last night so I had to use the gas stove instead. My house smelled glorious. Here they are roasted and vacuum sealed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200801_064730.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.85 MB ID:	889569

And here are the chile rellenos I had for dinner. They were amazing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200731_194446.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	889570
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20200731_194733.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	889571
            Last edited by ColonialDawg; August 1, 2020, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks awesome! I've only made chili rellenos once and I hope that I can reproduce the recipe for these Charger peppers. I had made Sam the Cooking Guy's bean burrito recipe with Spanish rice. After eating that for several days I decided I needed a change. I had some Anaheims in the fridge and a ground beef & pork blend that browned with some onion and seasoned with taco seasoning. Put all that into the peppers with some cheese, battered and fried them, and, OMG, was it good.

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Them look Glorious, amigo!

Droolin in progress....

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              Hats off to you for a great chile relleno!!!

All this talk about Hatch chiles. And the thread on the shortbread cookies with hatch chiles. I pre-ordered a box of fresh chiles back in March , I have a standing order for fire roasted chiles every 3 months and I just ordered another 5 pound box of fresh chiles.
            I made a green Chile burger the other night. Probably Wednesday I am making a chicken Hatch Chile tortilla soup. And 58limited shared a recipe for a Hatch Chile shrimp lime soup I need to make. This weekend I'm making a fire roasted Hatch chile dip as an appetizer off the beef stroganoff.

Comment

ofelles or 58limited if you are handy at making fresh pasta, roast some green chile up, throw it in a mini processor and add it to your pasta dough. Make a green chile fettuccine and add some to the Alfredo sauce, and some chicken if you are feeling fancy.

I looked for an old photo, but couldn’t find the fettuccine noodles but I did find green chile mac and cheese, green chile rigatoni noodles instead. It’s an old photo, so hopefully the quality is decent.

Name:	EC9A1F5B-4DDB-4C8E-9372-4F6BEED09013.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	890848
              Last edited by barelfly; August 3, 2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• 58limited
                58limited commented
                Editing a comment
                Haven't made pasta in awhile, need to dig out the old pasta machine. I'm going to try the Hatch tortilla recipe that has been posted on another thread.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here