Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melted Onions & Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melted Onions & Recipes

I was going thru my grilling notes and came across this cook from my pre-AR days. This is the Weber Melted Onions recipe, and it was pretty tasty. I made it when I grilled a meatloaf because the timing worked out well... I blackened some vidalia onions and while they cooled and were cut and seasoned the meatloaf cooked. When the meatloaf came off, the onions went back on in the pan to be browned for 15 min. Make sure to take the onions off the coals before they get TOO soft to cut. I did this on my 22” kettle with a full chimney of KBB.

With 6 whole onions we had plenty of leftovers, and my wife made a killer French onion soup the next day. We still had enough for her to make this awesome recipe for French onion dip. We LOVE this dip, it shows up at every Super Bowl or March Madness party we have, and it’s now a tradition to take on our week long beach trips. It’s at its best after it ages in the fridge 24-48 hours. Yum!!
    Attached Files

That looks good! Thanks for sharing the link.

Comment

Those both sound great. I love onions, and dip. Added them to my list. Thanks.

Comment

I agree - and thanx for sharing ~ Ron

Comment

I grow onions on my farm, bookmarked both links. Thanks

Comment

Oh YES!!!! and the Vidalia Onions are in the Grocery Store now!! I can't wait to try this out. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Yum! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here