Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roasted garlic: spread like butter on medium rare steak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roasted garlic: spread like butter on medium rare steak.

Plain and simple: Cut through bulb revealing cloves, sea salt and black pepper to taste, fill the gaps between cloves until overflowing with olive oil, sprinkle fresh chopped rosemary (optional), wrap the bulb in foil and grill on indirect for 20-30 mins. Tip: At least a whole Garlic per person, it spreads so well no other sauce needed.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	263727
    Attached Files

Garlic--one of the foods of the gods.

Comment

Ever try Bagna Cauda? The amounts will depend on the pan you're using. I will often make a big batch and then freeze it.

A small oven safe pan (9") is good for a start. Cover bottom of pan with peeled garlic. Add olive oil to just cover garlic. About 2 tablespoons butter cut into little pieces and sprinkled on top. 2 or 3 anchovy strips, for salt. cover with foil and bake at 250F for about 45 min or until brown.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm passing this one to my wife - she is the garlic queen!

Looks exceptional. I love me some garlic!!! Thanks for posting!

Comment

GreenBBQ, Your Roasted Garlic Looks Fit To Eat! I am going to try it! Thanks for the Post!
        Eat Wel and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I would imagine it would work well on a nice slice of bread!"Spreads like butter"
          Last edited by HawkerXP; January 16, 2017, 06:57 PM. Reason: I dont proof read :(

Comment

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            Along with a good quality EVOO and your taste buds will be in heaven.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here