Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Recommendations for Sweet with Heat Rub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Recommendations for Sweet with Heat Rub?

Its time for me to switch up my rubs. I was doing R Butts Kick’n Chicken with Cimarron Doc's Sweet Rib Rub and used it for chicken, ribs, brisket... liked the combo but want something new to try out.

Looking for that perfect combo of sweet at first with a nice heat at the end. Totally fine with doing a two-run combo.

Any suggestions?

Oak Ridge BBQ Secret Weapon rub is just the ticket. Sweet on the front end and a touch of heat on the back end.

Comment

I'd pick whatever sweet rub you like and start experimenting with it by adding chipotle/cayenne/etc.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I was going to say, custom tailor it to your own palette. Everyone perceives heat and sweet differently.

I recently had a sweet-heat combo recommended to me by a couple of people - Butcher BBQ Honey Rub with Obie-Cue Gatorbreath. I haven’t had time lately to smoke anything so I can’t speak to the finished product yet, but I have both rubs and they’re tasty together on my fingertip. Anxious to get them on my next Pork butt.

Comment

I am a sweet and hot fan. For pork I modify Memphis Dust recipe by replacing the paprika with Hatch red chili powder. I buy hot and medium and mix them to the hot side. Gives me the heat I want and adds that fantastic Hatch red chili flavor.

Comment

Simply Marvelous spicy apple BBQ rub phone 805-708-5276 or [email protected]

Comment

I highly suggest a layer of Meathead's Big Bad Beef Rub, followed by a top layer of Memphis Dist. It works! And if you like extra sweet with the heat, add an additional topper of brown sugar.

Comment

• Livermoron
              Livermoron commented
              Editing a comment
              Huh. Never thought of that...I'll have to give it a shot! I always have plenty of both on hand...

I'd say take Meathead's Memphis Dust and start adding cayenne or chipotle powder to it until you get what you are looking for

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here