Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone smoked ribs from frozen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone smoked ribs from frozen?

I’ve done pork loins and some here have experimented with butts with great results. I’ve even done chicken wings...but never a slab of ribs. Has anyone here in Amazing Ribs done this and if so how were the results?

I haven't but I'm excited for some answers

Comment

Nah, I cold water thaw. Doesn't take long at all.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
        Dadof3Illinois commented
        Editing a comment
        Very true, and I've done the same.....but i'm also guilty of just running to the store and picking up another couple slabs because I didn't want to wait for mine to thaw....LOL. Sometimes my lack of patience shows....HA.

I had intentions of doing this awhile back, but not yet. I have two slabs of SLC rubbed, wrapped and waiting in the deep freeze.

Comment

I've never done it, and maybe I'm still too new to the hobby but if it works for pork butts and loins I have to think it would work for wibs. Course you'd want to season them ahead of the freezing.
        Last edited by wu7y; July 12, 2020, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo
        Meat-Up in Memphis