Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork butt challenege: Kettle w/ Slow 'N Sear VS Yoder Stickburner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
    At the end of the day you had a $150 kettle and modestly priced accessory run neck and neck with a $2000+ offset... I call that a win for both the kettle and the offset crowds.
    My sentiments exactly David Parrish. It really proves the benefits of both setups for whichever perspective one wants to take. You can't cook for a large gathering on a single kettle, but you don't need an expensive setup for great, real-as-it-gets BBQ for smaller crowds. Win win, like you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
      My sentiments exactly Guest.
      You can't cook for a large gathering on a single kettle, but you don't need an expensive setup for great, real-as-it-gets BBQ for smaller crowds. Win win, like you say.
      I totally agree. I would love a bigger or different smoking rig, purely for the fun of playing with it. But for my family and entertainment needs, what I have suffices.

I keep telling myself that, anyway.

Kathryn

Comment

• barney
        barney commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats what I keep telling myself , Kathryn.

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
      I totally agree. I would love a bigger or different smoking rig, purely for the fun of playing with it. But for my family and entertainment needs, what I have suffices.

I keep telling myself that, anyway.

Kathryn

Kathryn, resistance is futile. You need a Slow 'N Sear!

Comment

Well I guessed right.....we have a 50% chance of being right........it was luck.

Comment

Great writeup, the Slow n' Sear really looks like a great product! Interesting to see the comparison. Completely different equipment, but the SnS sure holds its own.

Comment

Bumping a fun thread for those who haven't seen it.

I think we need more fun tests like this, who's with me?

Comment

• boftx
              boftx commented
              Editing a comment
              All I've got now are a couple of COS. But if you want to ship me a kettle with the SnS I'll be happy to give it a go.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              boftx Any side by side test, not just offset vs SnS. For instance, wrapped pork butt vs not wrapped, paper vs foiled brisket, 225 ribs vs 275 ribs, sous vide pastrami vs smoker-only pastrami, etc etc etc.

• boftx
              boftx commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you have any idea what it would take to hold equal temps on two different COS? LOL!

I did not read the results after I figured it was an old post, so I don't know which is which. My pure guess is B is SnS.
            Now, if I got it wrong people will believe that I didn't check the correct answer. And if I got it right, people will go Hmmm. LOL

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              You're right!

Sns is A

Comment

Originally posted by Baker Dan View Post
              Sns is A
              Nope!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here