Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled pork stew. Perfect for leftovers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled pork stew. Perfect for leftovers.

Thank me later

Nathan’s Pulled Pork Stew

This is a great used of leftover smoked pulled pork.

One medium onion

3-5 cups smoked pulled pork

2 minced garlic cloves

Olive oil

3 cups (more if needed) chicken broth

1 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp rosemary

2 T apple cider vinegar

Small can tomato paste

2 cans rotel chopped tomatoes and peppers (or 1 can tomatoes and your choice chopped chiles)

Salt and pepper to taste

Leftover vegetables to taste... I have used beans, leftover fajita peppers, corn...

1. Cover bottom of pan with thin layer of olive oil and sauté

onions till translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add spices and vinegar.
    1. Add 2 cups chicken broth, tomatoes and peppers.
    2. Add enough pulled pork to have a soupy stew. If you have enough pork that it is thick add more chicken broth.
    3. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer for at least 30 minutes, longer if you like.
    4. If you have pork neck bones brown them first and add early. Might need to simmer much longer.
    5. Like spicier? Toss in some jalapeños or chili powder. Also good with a but of smoked paprika.

This I'm gonna try thanks. Always need new pulled pork ideas.

Comment

Thank you. On my list to try.

Comment

Always looking for pulled pork recipes. Thanks!

Comment

Sounds delicious, it's goin in my filebox!

Comment

Thanks—looks great!

Comment

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              please do post recipe!

I’ll thank you now because I won’t remember later. Love recipes for left over meats. One of our favorites is beef stroganoff with left over Tri-Tip.

Comment

Will file that one for fall/winter.... heatin’ up here now!

Comment

Today made this with leftover smoked chicken, broccoli and roasted cauliflower. Yummy Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	863073

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here