Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another great pulled pork smoke - Granddaunghter seal of approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great pulled pork smoke - Granddaunghter seal of approval

Our trip to visit kids and grandkids in New Orleans was cancelled. Darn. But decided to smoke a pork shoulder using a rub from my favorite Q spot in NOLA -
    The Joint
    . Smoked for 16 hours and it was great. Dropped some warm extras off to our local son and grandkids and our granddaughter had to take a break from playing to eat some of grandpa's pulled pork. My wife even said it was great air freshener for the house. Anybody sell BBQ air freshener or is this a business idea I should explore?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rub.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	814953Click image for larger version

Name:	finished.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	814955Click image for larger version

Name:	shredded.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	814956Click image for larger version

Name:	roma.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	814957
    Attached Files

Thatโ€™s all that matters right there! Seal
    of approval!

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Better than any BBQ comp trophy!!!

HouseHomey said it all. Great job.

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Do not interrupt her while she eats!

Comment

An outstanding validation of a job well done ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Comment

What a cutie pie, enjoying her grandpa's pulled pork. That's a photo you'll look at years down the road and it will still bring a smile. Nice going, grandpa.

P.S. Your pulled pork looks delicious.

Kathryn

Comment

The granddaughter shot is money

Comment

Awesome pulled pork!

Comment

that is a great looking shoulder! Even better looking when the granddaughter is enjoying it.

Comment

Young lady with a gallon bag of pulled pork. Beautiful!!! By the way, I have been to The Joint, I think I still have some of that same rub somewhere around here. Going to have to look for it.

Comment

I think the Joint is only one of two NOLA restaurants I have been to more than once. There are so many good choices, but I really like their Q.

Comment

beautiful.... and your grand daughter too

Comment

Drop the mic, you nailed it!

Comment

FredS Pork looks almost as good as the granddaughter. We drove over last Sunday to our son's house. He lives about an hour away, and manages a Farm/Fleet type store. Wife had made masks for everyone in the store. Our 3 year old grandson could not understand why grampa and grandma were not getting out of the car.

But, I'm also glad to see your butt, and the bark, and hear the compliments from others. I was doubting my sanity a bit today. Last night a guy posted his pulled pork on a Facebook page for Grillas and it looked about like yours. I thought it looked good, and evidently he did when he posted it, he wasn't asking what he did wrong, although after a bunch of comments about how it was "burned" and suggestions about how to keep that from happening again he gave a couple of reasons why it looked like that. The pictures of what others were posting of the color they were looking for looked like what is showing through where the bark has split on yours. I commented that I guess those looked OK, if you didn't like bark, and while I wasn't flamed, I was informed I was definitely wrong. As I said there, when I pull my pork I've gotta fight of family trying to grab that "burnt" bark while I'm pulling.

Gotta stick closer to home. You guys here are my people!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            Rubs Promo
                            Meat-Up in Memphis