Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Pork

My daughter is home from grad school on break and requested my pulled pork. It was a 3.25# boneless shoulder, rubbed with Memphis Dust, smoked on the Rec Tec at 225F to an IT of 203F - took 12 hours. Came out nice! Tonight, in honor of Cinco de Mayo, we ate the leftovers wrapped in corn tortillas with avocado and green chile salsa.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pulled-pork-whole.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	81459
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pulled-pork-bowl.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	81460
    Last edited by mgaretz; May 5, 2015, 08:23 PM.

mgaretz that looks fantastic. I can't wait till I get home and try my new RecTec out.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      bep35 I just left the house last Thursday. It will be two weeks before I get back home.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      bep35 I bought a new pick-up truck two years ago and it don't have 12000 miles on it yet. That's how often I'm at home.

• bep35
      bep35 commented
      Editing a comment
      Goodness, being away from the stick burner, gas grill, and now Rec Tec for that long. How do you handle the separation anxiety!

Looks great, hope to be doing one myself Friday night. Those pieces up there on the top right, those don't make it to the table when i'm cooking.

Comment

Pulled pork has the perfect combination of "easy to make" "Tastes awesome" "impresses your friends with your bbq skills" and "not too expensive" What else even compares when you have such a combined score.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Ordering pizza? Well, 3 out of 4 aint bad....

Textbook perfect mgaretz! Nice cook!

Comment

Beautiful PB, Mark!

Comment

Very nice! makin me hungry and i just finished some pulled pork leftovers!

Comment

Looks great!! Great idea on Cinco De Mayo. Carnitas!!! or close to it

Comment

Ohmigosh, Mark, does that look delicious! I guess I'm too late for dinner. Sigh.

Kathryn

Comment

Nice... Well done! Nice photography too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here