Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayo ribs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Mine fell out

• Argoboy
    commented on 's reply
    Actually my wife says these are the best ribs I have have cooked to date, I guess that is appreciation.

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Hmmmm. I could use soft shiny hair. Do I put the mayo in my hair before the dry rub? I even eliminated salt from the rub and my hair stayed course and dull.

• smokin fool
    replied
    My wife uses it to get soft, shiny hair....
    I never use a binder when I do ribs or anything else for that matter.
    May give this a try.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Lucky? Or just appreciated?

• Argoboy
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	E7457E51-1E96-449B-BDAB-AFC223A77404.jpeg
Views:	407
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	802379
    I smoked three racks of baby back ribs today on the Traeger (3-2-1) and I coated them with mayo before I applied the Memphis dust rub and they turned out very good. I also dry brined the ribs the night before I cooked them. I applied Meatheads KC bbq sauce which is my wife’s favourite. As I always say I got lucky again.

Leave a comment:

• lemayp
    replied
    If you guys use it all then I don't have to be near it, I say go for it. But if you can buy Dukes, my wife wont bring anything else in the house so that's the only one i have to avoid.

Leave a comment:

• ClayJones
    commented on 's reply
    These people get it.

• DreamOn
    replied
    The same smoker batch I did another experiment that worked great too. This one was more of a "happy accident". My dry rub is supposed to have brown sugar in it. I was out of brown sugar so I just made it with white sugar. To get the "brown" flavor I brushed a little molasses directly onto the ribs before the rub. Since brown sugar is sugar with molasses I just deconstructed it 🤷‍♀️. Anyway they turned out awesome. I would do it again on purpose now 😁. I used those ones for dinner tonight on The Ultimate McRib sandwich from this site 😁

Leave a comment:

• DreamOn
    commented on 's reply
    My ginger ribs usually are sprinkled with lime juice first. I tried mixing the lime into the mayo. Worked really well.

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    not planning a SV cook, just a hard sear and xxxrare.

• pkadare
    commented on 's reply
    texastweeter - I use a dry skillet. My CI is very well seasoned so nothing sticks. I usually season before dropping in the bath and have never had a problem with the seasoning burning. YMMV.

• texastweeter
    replied
    I use Mayo on poultry and fish, mustard on pork, and hot sauce on beef, venison, lamb, and goat.

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    hmm I love blue steak, but hard to get a foot crust on one and not take it to rare one MR, may try this soon, as in this weekend soon. I'll start dry brining a couple prime ribeyes tonight to get them to dry out some and do a side by side. Is the skillet dry when you add the steak, or do you have some fat in it? Do you add pepper and garlic, or does it just burn?

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Never thought of that. Does it still adhere well. I have always heard that the higher fat content of you wash the less it sticks when frying. Never tested it other than using just egg whites to get my 321Keto breading to stick to fried keto fish and

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here