Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time pulled pork on my gas BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy freeJollees.

Comment

Nice chunk of meteorite!

Comment

Believe I’d partake in a bite or two!

Comment

Looks great.

For a very LONG time, the only cooker I had was my Weber Summit gasser.

Seeing as it was the only thing I owned, and didn't know much about smoking anyway, I never hesitated to cook ANYTHING.
          Ignorance can be bliss. ;-)

So I smoked pork shoulders/butts, ribs, turkeys...you name it. I'm not sure when the A-Maze-N tubes came out...but I didn't own one. I had the built-in smoker box and a second CI smoker box...each filled with chips & chunks. The biggest issue with those was having to refill them fairly regularly.

Being a 6 burner it was fairly easy to keep the food away from any direct flames. And it was easy enough to hold temps in SoCal.

Anyway...everything generally turned out great. And it would probably still be my only cooker but for the fact that I wanted to try "real" smoking. Even before I knew what I was doing though, a COS seemed like more trouble than they were worth...coupled with not having easy access to wood stocks to fill it. The WSM was the ticket. And the start of my MCS. LOL

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            When all I had was the gasser I used those little cast iron boxes, filled with damp wood chips. The cooks didn’t come out smoky. But they did come out good.

Barry, that pork turned out great! Nicely done! Also, I'm glad to see that cornbread cooked in cast iron, that's the right way to do it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here