Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with recipe ideas to use Costco smoked and already sous vide pork belly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with recipe ideas to use Costco smoked and already sous vide pork belly

This stuff is really, really good. It's smoked and pre-cooked via sous vide so I have been crisping it up on my flat top. Looking for alternate recipes as well. Let's hear them!

Pork belly nachos

Comment

Tacos

Comment

Ive done some really good breakfast hash using costco precooked pulled pork. Cant imagine this is much different. Onions and apples. Potatoes if you want.

Comment

Burnt ends. Or bahn mi style tacos/sandwiches with some Kim chi

Comment

Enchiladas, tacos, burritos, chili verde, omelette, hash, stew, mixed in with grits, pancakes, scones, muffins, gravy, preserves, cologne, soakin bath, biscuits an gravy , nachos, as previously mentioned, Ice cream sundae, or float, parfait, smoothie, milkshake, etc.

Don't make me go all full blown Bubba Blue, they's enough here to git some seeds planted, use up today's supply...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol, Thanks!
              Me too, brother, specially with some greens an beans all upside of it! Somewhere, there's also gotta be some dang dang cheese!
              Breakfast of champions! texastweeter

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              throw in some cream and jalapenos of course!

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Thankee, don't mind if I do, brother!

(I knew there was summat missin, I am truly blessed that I always gots peeps, wit mad skillz, lookin after me! )

Coat them how you wish. At work we do seasoned corn starch and fry them and toss in a spicy maple glaze.

at home. Standard breading station.
            season meat and breading station and fry in lard.

toss in a cherry glaze. Any flavor. Bourbon, spicy, togerashi, sweet, sour etc... just start using cherries and stone fruit soon

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Chef Holmes in da House!!!
              He's right, as per usual; fruits pair up spectacularly with pork...apples, peaches, pears, even mangos...run buck wild, an have big fun...

Make them into burnt ends and serve as a slider.

Comment

Pork belly buns. Sear and serve on Chinese steamed buns (mantou), top with quick pickled cucumbers and drizzle with hoisin sauce and sriracha.

Below is a version I made with pork belly that I sous vide and then seared
              Click image for larger version

Name:	B5DDA6C5-B70C-4E49-875E-A0428E812DF4.jpeg
Views:	1802
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	691898

Comment

Pull it and make Carolina Pulled Pork sandwiches with a Carolina vinegar sauce with cole slaw..

Comment

Man these are great ideas! I'm going to have to buy more so I can try them all!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulagn1971 View Post
                    This stuff is really, really good. It's smoked and pre-cooked via sous vide so I have been crisping it up on my flat top. Looking for alternate recipes as well. Let's hear them!
                    Well now, Welcome to THE PIT! i haven't seen these before. New Costco opening in Mooresville soon, so gonna have to look for these!

Comment

• Hulagn1971
                      Hulagn1971 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They are worth the purchase.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here