Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Pork from Pork Butt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Well I won't get pulled pics since these are for someone else.

I crutched at 154 internal cause them dudes were plenty dark.

Took 7 hours and about 23 seconds according to the Thermoworks TimeStick to get to 203.

PBC runs very efficiently with hot temperatures and 2 chunks of Hickory to go along with a basket of Kingsford.

Leave a comment:

• xcuzme222
    commented on 's reply
    They look great! Bet they will taste great too!

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Little "sugare love" in the first pic before tying to compliment the rub. Next pic they are tied up and hooked up.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Pics will get better with age.

No relation to me. Some folks at church.

Turns out they won't be eating until 5 tomorrow afternoon, which is good, I will have a good 17 hours of brining and I won't have to start cooking till about 6 in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Sorry about the funeral...

Pic looks sweet!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    started a topic Pulled Pork from Pork Butt.

Pulled Pork from Pork Butt.

Cooking a couple small butts (4+ lbs) tonight for a funeral tomorrow. Due to the volume of pork butts I cook at times, I decided to order 5 pounds of the Pit Barrel All-Purpose Rub. It has a high salt content so I use it to dry brine, then come over that with a 1:1 ratio of white and brown sugar before getting tied down and going in the cooker. This one has been "brining" since 10 A.M. CST.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here