Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib Glaze Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib Glaze Suggestions?

Who has a nice pork rib glaze recipe? some sweet, some tang, a little bit of heat

Don't use any myself. Allergic to pig.

Comment

I'll be watchin' this post.

Comment

Look no further that Rib Candy, from Texas Pepper Jelly.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          That stuff is the bomb, we're gonna turn you into a Texan yet Spin

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          I was close, my brother was born in Lubbock. My parents moved right before I was born, back to Iowa City, so my Dad could finish his masters. This time of year, I wish they had stayed! Troutman

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yowza! I have to try that stuff!

Spinaker you're killing me.. Between Hardcore Carnivore Black, arriving Saturday and now this. I'll wait till Thursday when the couple or so glasses of wine go through the cycle. But looks good.

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Give it a run!

Swineapple has a multitude of really good flavours, as well

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
          Frozen Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          Big Swineapple fan myself!

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          So am i.

I use Texas Pepper Jelly The Orignal Rib Candy Apple Habanero . Very nice flavour . Another good glaze is the PineApple Heat Rib Glaze from Kosmos . These products can be added to your bbq sauce .

Comment

I like Blues Hog Champion, but the suggestions above are solid, also

Comment

Any recipes to DIY?

Comment

I love Blues Hog Champions Blend. It's a 50/50 mix of their Original (too sweet for me) and Tennessee Red (thinner and spicier). I buy a gallon of that and 2 gallons of the Tennessee Red whenever the KC BBQ Store has a free shipping special, and it pretty much covers most of my BBQ needs for the year.

The only BBQ sauce I've ever made is the one in the BBQ Bible recipe for "Australian Beer BBQ Wings". My kids used to love that when they were kids, but its too time consuming to make my own sauce most of the time, unless its a simple NC style vinegar sauce. I do make those, but those are easy - no grating/chopping/peeling/grinding or cooking required!

Comment

I made this one a few months ago and really like it.
                It has medium heat in my opinion.

Habanero Apple BBQ Sauce

YIELD 1 1/2 cups sauce PREP TIME 10 mins COOK TIME 40 mins INACTIVE TIME 15 mins TOTAL TIME 1 hr 15 mins
                This homemade sauce has heat, but also has a ton of flavor. It’s nicely balanced and delicious on almost anything that’ll come off your grill this summer!

INGREDIENTS
                3 cups Martinelli's Unfiltered Apple Juice (you can also use Martinelli's Apple Juice or Cider)
                1/2 cup chopped white onion
                2 cloves garlic
                3 habanero peppers, 2 halved, 1 minced
                1/2 cup ketchup
                2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
                1 teaspoon kosher salt
                1 teaspoon black pepper
                Thickener:
                1 tablespoon cornstarch
                1 tablespoon Martinelli's Unfiltered Apple Juice (you can also use Martinelli's Apple Juice or Cider)

Directions
                In a medium pot, add Martinelli’s Unfiltered Apple Juice or Cider, onions, garlic, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and habanero peppers. For peppers, cut two of them in half and remove seeds. For one, remove seeds and mince.
                Bring sauce to a simmer and turn heat down to low. Simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring regularly. Then remove halved habanero peppers.
                Let sauce cool and then transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth. (TIP: To cool sauce quickly, pour it into a mixing bowl and stir it over an ice water bath to cool it very quickly.)
                Strain sauce through a metal sieve to make the sauce very smooth. If you don’t mind a little texture to your sauce, you can skip this step.
                Return sauce to a pot over low heat. In a separate small bowl, stir together Martinelli’s Unfiltered Apple Juice or Cider and cornstarch. Stir that into the sauce to thicken it.
                Let sauce cook for another 5 minutes or so (or longer if you want a thicker sauce).
                Remove sauce and let cool.
                Use this sauce on a wide range of foods. It’s great on chicken, pork, shrimp, or veggies and is particularly good on grilled items.

Comment

• BRic
                  BRic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  jecucolo Looks like a well balanced sauce . Thanks for sharing .

• NY Tuck
                  NY Tuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you. Looks awesome!

Kosmos has a few pork glazes
                rib-glazes

Comment

Originally posted by NY Tuck View Post
                  Any recipes to DIY?
                  Yep,1 tablespoon of butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of the rub you used on the ribs, and two tablespoons of Frank's Red Hot.

Ina separate bowl, I reduce a 20 oz bottle of Mexican Style Coke (Real sugar), Diesel Cherry Coke or Dr. Pepper. Reduce it until it is pretty syrupy. Then I mix them all in a small pan and heat until it just starts to bubble. This is pretty goopy but it works great for some sweet and saucy ribs. People really seem to love it.

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah! Great on pulled pork! Just go easy on the reduction easy to burn.

• NY Tuck
                    NY Tuck commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice, thanks!

• jecucolo
                    jecucolo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very nice!

I've used the Texas Rib Candy, I liked it. Original Blues Hog with the addition of some apple cider vinegar and a few jalapenos has also worked well for me. Here's a recipe I've had for a while off the interweb that I have yet to try, but it combines peaches-honey-habaneros together. Sounds like a great combination, you adjust the heat with the peppers.

Comment

Lately I have been using Original Blues Hog cut with different stuff because it is so sweet. Last time I used some diced onion, garlic powder, worcestershire, black pepper, red pepper flakes and some hot sauce. Just kept messing with it until it tasted right to me. Before that I used doctored up Sweet Baby Ray's. I need to write what I do down so I can replicate it, but I am usually a beer or 3 in and I forget.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here