Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first pulled pork cook on my Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first pulled pork cook on my Kettle

Getting ready for my first shot at pulled pork. Everything is ready for a 4am start, shoulders are dry brining, kettles set up,dry rub is mixed , beer is in the fridge cooling. The list for ingredients is ready for what I need for the BBQ sauce. Let's see how this goes. Ill try to take pics as i go. and keep this post updated
    Attached Files

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4841.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	261.7 KB
ID:	322265 Got the dry dust on just waiting for the fire to get up to temp

Comment

Lookin' forward to your full report - and samples.

Comment

Looks nice! I love using my kettle for pulled pork!

Comment

Looking good! Sit back and enjoy the process...and the beer!

Comment

Sweeeeet!

Comment

So I'm about 4.5hrs or so into it, back deck smells so good the snake is running a little warm but not too bad ~245 one shoulder is at 173 the other 161. So as far as I can tell everything's doing good Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4844.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	322361

Comment

Nice one, I like these 'live' reports! You're in for a treat!

That aluminum pan, is it a drip pan, or do you have water in it too? If you don't have water anywhere, may I recommend spraying the meat just a little?

Comment

Filled with boiling water this morning

Comment

Quick peak to check the amount of fuel left. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4848.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	322446

Comment

Question for who ever is on, if I'm running out of my snake and I still need more time, should I add pre-lit charcoal or start rebuilding the snake back the other way with unlit ones?

Comment

• FLBuckeye
                        FLBuckeye commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Pre-lit is fine, just restrict the air a bit to keep the temp down. I also suggest getting a SnS for your kettle.

Yes a SnS is the next piece for it but being up here in Canada it's a little pricey to get it here

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4853.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	322534Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4851.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	322535 First shoulder done at 10.5hrs it's now wrapped and in a cooler just waiting for the other one to finish Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4855.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	322533

Comment

If a sns was used how much kbb would you use and how long would you think it would go?

Comment

• Spinaker
                            Spinaker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You would probably have to refill the SNS once though out the cook. The time frame would be very similar. Usually, I refill my SNS at 5 hours.

• Steve R.
                            Steve R. commented
                            Editing a comment
                            This past weekend I loaded up the SnS and stirred the coals at the 8 hr mark. I added about 1/2 a Weber chimney starter of KBB at that point and it took the cook time on out to about 18 hrs total. This is with the PartyQ, btw.

Pulled the second one an hour or so later and wrapped it and put it into the cooler, time for another beer before i pull it

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here