Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Pork and Memphis Dust question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Pork and Memphis Dust question.

Planning to do some pulled shoulder pork on Monday. I intend to follow the recipe in Meatheads excellent book. Two questions tho'. The pork my wife got is in two chunks of about 2Kg each and boneless. Would I be right in thinking that they will not take as long to cook as one single piece? More importantly the ingredient list for the Memphis Dust mentions cups. Well, I have cups from small espresso cups up to tea cups the size of buckets almost!! A rough guide would be great as I have never done pulled pork before.

Cheers

If they are the same size they will cook at the same rate or very close to, i thinking on the cup part you are referring to is using measuring cups

Comment

Thanks Customtrim. Measuring cups is a new concept to me. I shall consult with she that must be obeyed!!

Cheers

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        1 cup = 225 ml dry measure
        1 cup = 250 ml liquid measure

There are a number of measurement conversion tools available for free on the web or in the app store.

Comment

Here is a discussion in which the MMD recipe has been converted to ingredients by weight (grams):

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...y-%F0%9F%91%8D

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          You prepared that just in the nick of time...🤗 Not everyone measures by volume.👍

Thickness determines cook time, so unless the with is shorter than the thickness the cook time will be just about as long as if it was one piece of meat.

Comment

Thanks for your help folks. Currently 2 1/2 hrs into the cook. I will report back as to the result. I found a jar of chilli pickled gherkins in the back of a cupboard, I reckon they will go great with pulled pork!

Cheers

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yeah!

Well, how did it go???

Comment

• Kirton
            Kirton commented
            Editing a comment
            11 1/2 hours probably too low and slow and my bear claws had to work really hard to pull, so lesson learned. Apart from that it was great. The left overs when on to be mixed with beans. It worked for me!

Cheers

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here