Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby Backs ribs with the Lang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Backs ribs with the Lang

Click image for larger version

Name:	number 1.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	284381 Getting the fire started. Click image for larger version

Name:	number 2.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	284382 Got a good bed of coals, the Lang is heated up, time for the ribs. Click image for larger version

Name:	number 3.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	284383 The first two racks has a rub that I found online 3 or 4 years ago that we like alot and third rack has Bicentennial rub from Penzeys on it that my wife found in the spice tub where we keep our extra spices and rubs. Click image for larger version

Name:	number 4.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	284384 Here they are about 3 1/2 hrs into the cook. Click image for larger version

Name:	number 5.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	284385 Here they are about 6 hrs later. The bottom two was brush pretty heavy with Pineapple Habanero Jelly by TexasPepperJelly.com and the one in the middle was the one with the Bicentennial rub and it was sauce with Heinz BBQ sauce (sweet & spicy). Click image for larger version

Name:	number 6.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	284386 Here's a close up shot of some very tasty ribs. Click image for larger version

Name:	number 7.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	284387 And since I have been on a low carb diet for a little over a month now my wife made a Loaded Bake Cauliflower dish and it was delish. Click image for larger version

Name:	number 8.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	284388 My low carb meal.
    Attached Files

Looking great, DW ... it's almost like you've done this once or twice before ...

Comment

Those ribs look great DW.
      Just curious what were the outside temps for your cook?
      It looks to me like a very large bed of coals to start your cook. I generally don't start with that much. But I'm open to see how this works for you. Always looking to improve. Thanks for your input DW.

Comment

• vandy
        vandy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, that is the way I do it also DW.

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey DWCowles thanks for your help. Curious how many logs did it take to get that size of bed of coals and how long did it take to get to your happy temp zone??

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve B I normally start off with five logs but there was an extra log laying close by. It takes approximately 1.5 hrs for the pit to lower down to 250 F which gives me plenty of time to do a couple of steam cleanings and to get the meat prep.

Very Nice!! That is some nice looking coals you have there!! The meat looks even better!! I thought the Cauliflower was actually mac and cheese could have fooled me into eating some thong good for me lol it looks that good

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, he fooled me too. Super looking cook!

Looks beautiful, great ribs an' sides!!!
      Got me droolin'!
      Lucky I have a couple racks o BBRs thawed in th' icebox!

Comment

Beautiful!!!!!

Comment

I think that I am now in the hunt for some ribs. Those look fantastic!

Comment

That's a great lookin' cook.

Comment

Looks good enough to eat!

Comment

Looks very good. I have to start trying all those cauli recipes

Comment

Fantastic photos! Wow!!

Comment

DWCowles, Damn DW Now I am Going to Feel Inferior All Day! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Great Looking Ribs!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Those look spectacular. Hey with those Texas Pepper Jellies do they mostly just add heat and maybe a little sweet or do you get a strong fruit flavor too? I'm going to have to try those. They sound interesting.

Comment

Great looking ribs DWCowles !!! I am going to tell my wife about the baked cauliflower dish as it looks fantastic!

Comment

so how was the different rub?

Comment

• DWCowles
                            DWCowles commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It was good

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here