Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby back & st. Louis spareribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby back & st. Louis spareribs

i'm smoking 2 racks of ribs from what I can tell is baby back take ~ 3-4 and SLC take 5-6 hrs. should I add the baby back an hour or 2 latter than the SLC? I'm using a Recteq 700.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3006.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	1417269 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3008.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	1417270 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3007.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	1417271 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3009.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	1417272
    Last edited by josepmille; May 7, 2023, 11:10 PM.

Depends how thick the back ribs are. But that should get you close.

Comment

I've never had a 2hr difference.
    I cook both at 275f and both come out near the 4 hour mark.
    Last edited by 02ebz06; May 8, 2023, 07:30 AM.

Comment

I also have an RT-700. It depends on what grill temp you’re cooking at and how thick the back ribs are. Also, will you wrap or not. But you’re certainly close with that plan.

Comment

Both seem to take about the same amount of time for me.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. I usually start them the same time, and if one is done faster there’s no harm in wrapping and holding that rack.

For me, it is easier to have the same start time....concur w/ most of the comments that there should not be much difference in time!

Comment

I've noticed a little bit longer on the St. Louis, but I would start them together, an hour or two hold if the BB get gone earlier is a helluva lot better than NOT being done on time.

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Well said

I always find that baby back take longer. I find that the loin meat, being thicker, takes longer to reach tender temp.

Comment

"The Best BBQ is BBQ you like." Love or hate the 3-2-1 method, it works as a guide for good eating ribs. It is not cast in stone.

The timing is the same if you use the 3-2-1 method, prep 15 min, smoke at 180° for 3hrs, foil wrap at 225° for 2hrs, and set sauce for 30-60 minutes.

321 Ribs Recipe (Simple & Smoked) - Traeger® Baby Backs
            BBQ 3-2-1 St. Louis Ribs Recipe | Traeger Grills St Louis

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here