Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib meat in Bolognese Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rib meat in Bolognese Sauce

I had a few smoked ribs left over and decided to make Bolognese sauce with the meat from them plus some freshly ground chuck and the usual onions carrots garlic white wine and milk plus some frozen tomatoes from my wife's garden last summer. The amount of meat I got off 5 ribs really surprised me to start, then I very slowly cooked everything for about 4 hours covered and another hour uncovered.
    This was really great, even more so a couple of days later. The smoked pork really adds more depth to the sauce.
    Last edited by NCARalph; April 9, 2023, 12:21 PM.

Nice! A little smoke makes everything better.

Comment

That sounds tasty. I’ve used leftover smoked meat in chili a thousand times, but haven’t tried it in an Italian dish yet. Might be time to try.

Comment

Nice riff, I'll remember that next time we have leftover ribs.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here