Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which cut of pork ribs is best eating, Spare, St Louis, Baby Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which cut of pork ribs is best eating, Spare, St Louis, Baby Back?

Artificial intelligence for an artificial-intelligent answer.

There are many types of pork ribs, including baby back ribs, spare ribs, and St. Louis cut 1. Country-style ribs are also another type of pork ribs that are meatier than other cuts 2.

Baby back ribs are cut from the back of the pig and are leaner than other cuts. They are also smaller and more tender than other cuts 3. Spareribs come from the belly of the pig and are larger than baby back ribs but less meaty 1. St. Louis cut is a trimmed-down version of spare ribs and is meatier than baby back ribs 2.

Country-style ribs come from the shoulder end of the loin and are meatier than other cuts. They are sold in slabs and are perfect for anyone who is shy about eating with their hands 1.

In terms of which cut is best for eating, it really depends on your personal preference. Baby back ribs are great if you want something leaner and more tender, while spare ribs and St. Louis cut have more meat on them. Country-style ribs are perfect if you want something meatier 1.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Lol. It’s like asking, “Would you rather have one of something, or sixteen?” Well, you’re talking $100 bills, or you’re talking spiders, I guess.

Comment

I'm a little confused here....
      How are spareribs "less meaty" than baby backs, but if you trim them to St Louis style they are now "meatier" than baby backs? 🤷‍♀️

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, the AI ain't so intelligent me thinks!

• DTro
        DTro commented
        Editing a comment
        Be careful what you say. This thing could be a paying member one day. 😳

• Draznnl
        Draznnl commented
        Editing a comment
        Paying member nothing, DTro. It’ll be looking to replace Spinnaker

Not to mention that "country style ribs" aren’t ribs.

Comment

Interesting the source notations.......country style are misnamed in my opinion since that is the scapula or shoulder blade not a true rib.

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Malcom Reed gives a good demo and explanation on country ribs.

Country-style pork rib chops come from the shoulder end of the loin, including sections of the rib and feather bones.

Country-style pork shoulder ribs are cut from the butt, so the bones are shoulder, not ribs. This cut is often sold boneless.

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          The country-style ribs from the lion are actually ribs with loin meat. They are really good.
          The ribs from the pork butt are not ribs and they are quite tasty.

Good Old Malcom Reed does a fine job in this video. I have watched it several times as a great review.

I can most definitely say, YES!!!

Comment

My answer to the AI: I like eating ribs.

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too.

• Sweaty Paul
            Sweaty Paul commented
            Editing a comment
            +1

I think that if had answered "all the above" it would have truly been "intelligent."

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            I dunno. I think that if I hadn't clicked on this thread it would have truly been "intelligent". But, alas, it's too late for that now!

• DesertRaider
            DesertRaider commented
            Editing a comment
            ComfortablyNumb Not only that, but you read all the comments to boot!

From the standpoint of taste, I don't see a major difference between BB's and St. Louis' if they're cooked correctly.

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            👍
            🙊🙉🙈

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here