Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Rib Comparison Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well documented cook. Have any thoughts as to why there wasn’t much smoke flavor, or do you think it was masked by other, more dominant flavors?

WR Double Oaked is a winner but you know the bourbon snobs will give you hell for putting it in a spritz. We use mostly top shelf liquors in our cocktails and ignore the snobs. I can live with their disdain and no hangovers.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
      Dadof3Illinois commented
      Editing a comment
      I figure it's like sauces and rubs.....use what you like and don't worry about what others think. If I like the flavor of WR then why wouldn't I use it to spritz with right...LOL.

Not 100% sure what happened with the smoke... Like Mosca said...I may have changed too many variables? I may have to do a repeat cook in a couple weeks.

Great cook detail and comparison. The Duroc's are pretty consistent from my experience although I have only ordered them from SRF a couple of times. The pics were perfect too....thx.

Comment

Great read, well done! My only comment would also be about a lot of things changing at once, next to impossible to ascribe changes to one or more of them. But hell, those are fine looking ribs that I would gladly gnaw on!

Comment

Alright this sold me on adding a rack of Porter road ribs to my next order.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here