Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do y'all like to do with pulled pork besides sammiches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do y'all like to do with pulled pork besides sammiches?

So I'm wondering what ya'll like to do with pulled pork besides sandwiches and tacos? With my family it's either sandwiches, tacos, beans or nachos. Don't get me wrong, they are all fantastic but I'm just looking for something new. I'm thinking of smoking a butt or two and freezing it up in vacuum sealed packages just to have on hand for whenever we feel like having some.

So what do ya'll like doin' with your pulled pork?

Omelets or hash, sauté with onions and garlic and seasoned with cumin for pseudo-carnitas, quesadilla filling, leftover PP is pretty versatile.

Comment

• RustyHaines
      RustyHaines commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 on the omelets CaptainMike . . . . with lots of gooey smoked cheese then covered in Hatch enchilada sauce.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooh, I haven't tried it with Hatch enchilada sauce @RusryHaines thanks for the tip!

Nachos, carnitas, and burritos are excellent pulled pork delivery vehicles.

Comment

Fried Rice, Rice/Burrito Bowls, Ramen, Queso dip, chili, chopped up and used for sloppy joes. I’ve also simmered in sauce to make a ragu.

Comment

• jitsntricks
        jitsntricks commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot that I've done fried rice with it. That's good stuff right there. Thanks for the tips!

What CaptainMike and DaveD said plus: Eggs Benedict, Cuban Sandwich (I consider it a different Sandwich), in Chili (diced), verde enchiladas, as a topping on a hamburger...

Comment

• jitsntricks
        jitsntricks commented
        Editing a comment
        My friends bbq truck puts pulled pork on top of a back wrapped 6 oz burger... calls it the 'fat slob' (his burgers are called fatties).... friggin' delicious

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yeah, we use it for cubanos too. Or a panini.

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Cubans and enchiladas- 💯

Tacos, quesadillas, hash, with mashed potatoes

Comment

I too love adding to to breakfast foods. Especially making a hash out of it. I also tend to do a pulled pork mac and cheese with left overs.

Comment

• Finster
          Finster commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd like to try that some time, but my wife makes really good mac and cheese, so I'm not sure the rest of the family would want me to mess that up...lol

Omelet, hash, fried rice, arepa topping, Benedict meat… also sauce up and run under the broiler for a minute or three to crisp, serve over rice. Makes a luxe burger topping.

favorite use is as a protein in a Rick Bayless quick chilaquilles recipe we like to make. But really, any recipe that calls for leftover chicken, pulled pork will work better.

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          "any recipe that calls for leftover chicken" That is a very good statement

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you could also use it in any recipe that calls for lardons or bacon, if I'm being completely honest.

• Finster
          Finster commented
          Editing a comment
          Fried rice added to the to do list.

Quesadillas. Top a big ole baked potato with it and BBQ sauce, sour cream, cheese etc.

Comment

• DaveD
          DaveD commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah baby, major baked tater topping for sure.

I make pork carnita tacos. Nothing better.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4641.jpeg
Views:	312
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1209639
        ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Blue corn tortillas? also known as Why's it gray?

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Ooph! 🎯🎯 🎯

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          So nice to see you serving the lovely lady in the background. peace in the family.

Besides what has already been mentioned...BBQ Pizza is good.

Comment

• captainlee
          captainlee commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely on pizza...

• Tax Man
          Tax Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Whenever we smoke a butt, wife has to have a plain cheese pizza from Papa Murphy's loaded up with leftover pp. Ain't bad.

Egg rolls, biscuits and debris (biscuits and gravy topped w/ pulled pork). Use in beans, soups, etc.

If you have some leftover pulled pork, here's a creative recipe that lets you enjoy it again in a different way: in spicy, savory pulled pork egg rolls.

Comment

Lasagna

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am going to have to try this

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Done this it's most enjoyable.

Huh. We just put it on a plate and eat it with a fork.

Who knew.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm with you. That's how I mostly eat it. So yummy.

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          This is always the best answer... it is good the way it was made, so why reinvent the wheel.

• Finster
          Finster commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah. That works too...lol

I love putting it in red curry lentils. Takes that dish over the top.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here