Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with a random pork loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with a random pork loin

Well, I have several versions of stuffed pork loin, but kids asked for my creole version tonight. Roll fillet, season both sides with Tones, add layer of smoked Boudan, then smoked Jack cheese, then crawfish tails (I usually add diced jalapeños and cayenne, but kids and wife don't have same heat tolerance as me...yet). Roll back up and truss. Wrap in bacon and smoke, then sear in the convection oven at 550°. She will be going in the pit very soon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by texastweeter; April 9, 2022, 03:37 PM.

Wow. The crawfish kind of surprised me but I get it. As a northerner it just took a few moments. 🙄
    Nice work pitmaster.

Comment

Damn man, excellent! Crawfish tails, boudin, Tony’s, cheese and bacon…don’t get much better’n that…👍

Comment

I'm not worthy....that looks fantastic.
      Well done.

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I have about 4 versions. Jalapeno cheddar, Greek, French, and cajun

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        I do a bacon wrapped pan seared, oven roasted tenderloin but never stuffed one like you do mostly because I don't know how the ingrates would react.
        At least two would revolt.

Looks great! I made a similar version a couple of years ago, it was outstanding.

Comment

Looking delicious!

Comment

Out of the pit, and headed to a 550° convect oven to sear.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks awesome. But no okra?

Comment

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              Pickled on the side

Done
            Attached Files

Comment

Bam!

Comment

Fantastic. I’ve done a couple stuffed loins on my kettle rotisserie. Always turn out great. But never a creative as what you have done here. I need to up my game!

Comment

Looks absolutely awesome! Love the crawfish idea.

Comment

Wowser! Looks awesome.

Comment

I always see that these threads always come along too late. I had a random pork loin roll up in my driveway YESTERDAY. Dang it!!!

Comment

No convincing me I need to eat my meat so I can have some pudding. I'll probably leave no room for any pudding.
                        Full applause.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here