Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonesy Pork Post Memorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonesy Pork Post Memorial

I had no idea where to stick this post, so bein it was pork, here it is. Awhile back I had committed to the Bonesy Memorial Cookout. I had two friends whose circumstances took priority & I said would do a Wib cook later. Well, the following Saturday I had another friend who had a memorial. This does get a little tiring. So Tuesday Inwas able to accomplish what I said I would do. Cept, I didn’t thaw out some Wibs, so I adapted & for some country style Wibs from the bargain bin at the local stupor market.
    Well, figger I’d do em the way someone recently posted Malcom Reed did em. Only my UDS was buried in the garage & it was cold, blustery & damp, I did forgo the SnS. Decided to go with my Napoleon. I had no pineapple juice so used cranberry juice some one gave me to help out with the bladder cancer. Mixed that with some Heinz sauce and did my cook. I had promised the can of corn that I had shown when Bonesy told his famous canned corn story. New I had it, cuz I had seen it abut two months ago. Yessir, I had seen it cuz I had given it away to a needy family. Adapt once more & subtituted frozen corn & threw in some carrots to boot. So, in a round about way I kept my word & had a Wib Memorial fer
    Bones. The company was interesting, I did all the talkin & listenin. Click image for larger version  Name:	DDCA3ACF-8288-4596-86D2-57B26E7595C5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.70 MB ID:	1198597 Click image for larger version  Name:	4E28D05A-31ED-496E-8880-AA8EFF07004D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	5.01 MB ID:	1198599 Click image for larger version  Name:	74D0B4E5-FA9B-4679-8734-D51E27B9E770.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.12 MB ID:	1198595 Click image for larger version  Name:	35C32694-51A2-4D7E-92E3-E80290F2A50E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.76 MB ID:	1198598 Click image for larger version  Name:	7F64E3A8-D10F-4967-B4BF-8D6B66A4E022.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.58 MB ID:	1198596
    Last edited by FireMan; March 31, 2022, 09:39 AM.

Looks great!

Comment

Sure looks good. I didn't get to do my Bonesy memorial cook, either. Maybe if the weather cooperates this weekend I can pull out some wibs and git 'er done.

Comment

Right down Main Street, sir! Nice wibs.

Comment

I think a bag of frozen corn to the chops will have pretty much the same effect a can of corn would have.

Wove them wibs!

Comment

Looks great! Bonesy would approve.

Comment

Ya done good.

Comment

I give one...no two wips for those wibs!

Comment

Looks great FireMan Haven’t had country style ribs in quite a long time. I need to make them again.
                  And thanks for posting this up. Yet another great tribute to Bonsey.

Comment

Those look so good, and I'm sure Bonsey would have given a big stamp of approval. Country style wibs always make me think of my father, they were one of his favorite things to throw on his Hasty Bake. Thanks for the memory.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
                      I think a bag of frozen corn to the chops will have pretty much the same effect a can of corn's would have.
                      Never underestimate the cooling effect of that bag of frozen corn---more therapeutic from a gravitational insult than a room temp can o' corn might be, I'm guessing. But then since I have no first hand experience , you're probably right after all.

FireMan , that's one heck of a tribute cook. Mr. Bones would be a happy guy to see your efforts on his behalf, I'm sure. Those country ribs look soooo delicious.

Kathryn
                      Last edited by fzxdoc; March 30, 2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you so much.

"...The company was interesting, I did all the talkin & listenin...."

My husband tells me a person is entitled to have an intelligent conversation at least once a day. Sounds like ya did just fine, FireMan.

Having been on my own for some years before I met him, however, I can say from experience that too many one-on-one conversations, however intelligent they may be, can get a little boring.

Comment

• Steve B
                        Steve B commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And a little twisted. Just sayin from my own experience. 😬😁😂

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ah, yes, very intelligent…………………..I think. 🕶

Now that’s some Wibs!

Comment

FireMan Some good looking wibs for sure and I’m sure Bonesy would have approved and appreciated for sure. Nicely done.

Comment

Thumbs up on those wibs indeed! FireMan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here