Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pork belly burnt ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pork belly burnt ends

goig to try pork belly burnt ends on a pbc. any helpful tips on how to do them?

This! Pork Belly Burnt Ends | Smoked Pork Belly Burnt Ends on UDS Smoker - Bing video

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	78D6B60D-87CF-47F8-8218-C4B36DF0E99A.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	1103004 Click image for larger version

Name:	F3ECED29-CF7A-488E-9D39-BE5EDE9FD4D6.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	1103003 Click image for larger version

Name:	68B22CF6-40EA-4A72-B6BB-7AA4FDAC5E09.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	1103005 Click image for larger version

Name:	3D722960-6C47-4BD7-99E1-B372B3E46980.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1103002 HawkerXP Yes. I did the recipe in the video from Malcom Reed as noted above. But I did it on my pellet smoker. Just awesome and really easy too.

Comment

They are 50% fat. You cant mess them up

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha, true.

Forst check out Mouthwatering Smoked Pork Belly Burnt Ends Banh Mi (amazingribs.com)
        My go-to short and sweet video is (11) Pork Belly Burnt Ends Video - YouTube

Happy PorkBelly Burnt Ends to you and PBR too

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I do those without the sammich portion of the recipe. Fantastic every time.

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          ecowper Pork Bally Burnt Ends may be the best, The Best bite in BBQ.
          And recipes to me are only a guide or an idea on which to build and have fun.

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen to the PB banh mi!!!!!!!!!!!

I used Malcom Reeds method off YouTube, can't go wrong with his recipes.

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto

I like to cube them up and throw them in a mixing bowl with my rub. Give them a good toss then let then sit on a wire rack (like the one posted above) in the fridge over night. Then, if you can put them on the smoker with the wire rack, this makes it so much easier when it comes to the braising step.

After you are done brasing, put them back on the wire rack for a about ten mins and place it on the smoker to firm up the glaze.

Make more than you think you need, everyone will love them and eat more than their fair share!

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
          I like to cube them up and throw them in a mixing bowl with my rub. Give them a good toss then let then sit on a wire rack (like the one posted above) in the fridge over night. Then, if you can put them on the smoker with the wire rack, this makes it so much easier when it comes to the braising step.

After you are done brasing, put them back on the wire rack for a about ten mins and place it on the smoker to firm up the glaze.

Make more than you think you need, everyone will love them and eat more than their fair share!
          True story. I had a buddy over for these and he ate 35. Had to take 4 days off work with diarrhea.

Comment

• Oak Smoke
            Oak Smoke commented
            Editing a comment
            That was going to be my question, did he get sick. The ones I’ve had are so rich that it doesn’t take many. We serve them with jalapeño cheese grits to balance things out.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL, That will happen. I just make a whole 10 lb slab every time I make them.

Matt Pitman from meat church bbq (11) Pork Belly Burnt Ends - YouTube is interesting, I may try his no braise method, but I have such good cooks ala How to BBQ Right.
          Last edited by bbqLuv; September 30, 2021, 05:19 PM.

Comment

I would add after you cube, trim the fat so most are the same fat layer thickness. They will finish together this way.

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              Good suggestion. may have to look into it on the next batch

My recipe was a mix of a few but I thought this one was pretty good as it let me use Dr. Pepper in the sauce.

https://jesspryles.com/best-ever-bbq...et-burnt-ends/

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              I love the good old Dr.P!

The timing for this post coincides with Pork Belly Burnt Ends I plan to smoke this weekend. My son bought the pork for me to smoke for him to take to work.
            I did it before, I can do it again, I hope Click image for larger version

Name:	PBBE COmpleete.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	1103180

Comment

Doing poor man's burnt ends this weekend. Chuck roast. Done b4 really good.

https://heygrillhey.com/poor-mans-burnt-ends/

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh yeah!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

The Efficiency Of A Kamado Plus The Flexibility Of The Slow ‘N Sear Insert

kamado grill
            Built around SnS Grill’s patented Slow ‘N Sear charcoal kettle accessory, this 22-inch kamado is a premium ceramic grill that brings true 2-zone cooking to a kamado.

Click here for our article on this exciting cooker

Surely you know somebody who loves outdoor cooking who deserves a gift for the holidays, birthday, anniversary, or just for being wonderful. There he is, right in the mirror! Here are our selections of best ideas, all Platinum or Gold Medalists, listed by price.

Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.
            Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Blackstone Rangetop Combo: Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, grilled cheese, and so much more. And why deep fry indoors when you can avoid the smell and mess by doing it outside!

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Napoleon’s 22″ Pro Cart Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It’s hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the 22″ Pro Cart a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5″ x 29.5″ footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.
            Click here for our review on this unique smoker

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

This is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. Set ThermoTemp’s dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’.

Click here to read our detailed review