Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pork belly burnt ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pork belly burnt ends

goig to try pork belly burnt ends on a pbc. any helpful tips on how to do them?

This! Pork Belly Burnt Ends | Smoked Pork Belly Burnt Ends on UDS Smoker - Bing video

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	78D6B60D-87CF-47F8-8218-C4B36DF0E99A.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	1103004 Click image for larger version

Name:	F3ECED29-CF7A-488E-9D39-BE5EDE9FD4D6.jpeg
Views:	239
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	1103003 Click image for larger version

Name:	68B22CF6-40EA-4A72-B6BB-7AA4FDAC5E09.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	1103005 Click image for larger version

Name:	3D722960-6C47-4BD7-99E1-B372B3E46980.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1103002 HawkerXP Yes. I did the recipe in the video from Malcom Reed as noted above. But I did it on my pellet smoker. Just awesome and really easy too.

Comment

They are 50% fat. You cant mess them up

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha, true.

Forst check out Mouthwatering Smoked Pork Belly Burnt Ends Banh Mi (amazingribs.com)
        My go-to short and sweet video is (11) Pork Belly Burnt Ends Video - YouTube

Happy PorkBelly Burnt Ends to you and PBR too

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I do those without the sammich portion of the recipe. Fantastic every time.

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          ecowper Pork Bally Burnt Ends may be the best, The Best bite in BBQ.
          And recipes to me are only a guide or an idea on which to build and have fun.

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen to the PB banh mi!!!!!!!!!!!

I used Malcom Reeds method off YouTube, can't go wrong with his recipes.

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto

I like to cube them up and throw them in a mixing bowl with my rub. Give them a good toss then let then sit on a wire rack (like the one posted above) in the fridge over night. Then, if you can put them on the smoker with the wire rack, this makes it so much easier when it comes to the braising step.

After you are done brasing, put them back on the wire rack for a about ten mins and place it on the smoker to firm up the glaze.

Make more than you think you need, everyone will love them and eat more than their fair share!

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
          I like to cube them up and throw them in a mixing bowl with my rub. Give them a good toss then let then sit on a wire rack (like the one posted above) in the fridge over night. Then, if you can put them on the smoker with the wire rack, this makes it so much easier when it comes to the braising step.

After you are done brasing, put them back on the wire rack for a about ten mins and place it on the smoker to firm up the glaze.

Make more than you think you need, everyone will love them and eat more than their fair share!
          True story. I had a buddy over for these and he ate 35. Had to take 4 days off work with diarrhea.

Comment

• Oak Smoke
            Oak Smoke commented
            Editing a comment
            That was going to be my question, did he get sick. The ones I’ve had are so rich that it doesn’t take many. We serve them with jalapeño cheese grits to balance things out.

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL, That will happen. I just make a whole 10 lb slab every time I make them.

Matt Pitman from meat church bbq (11) Pork Belly Burnt Ends - YouTube is interesting, I may try his no braise method, but I have such good cooks ala How to BBQ Right.
          Last edited by bbqLuv; September 30, 2021, 05:19 PM.

Comment

I would add after you cube, trim the fat so most are the same fat layer thickness. They will finish together this way.

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              Good suggestion. may have to look into it on the next batch

My recipe was a mix of a few but I thought this one was pretty good as it let me use Dr. Pepper in the sauce.

Smokey, sticky nuggets packed with extreme beefiness, follow this how-to recipe to create the ultimate smoked bbq burnt ends.

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              I love the good old Dr.P!

The timing for this post coincides with Pork Belly Burnt Ends I plan to smoke this weekend. My son bought the pork for me to smoke for him to take to work.
            I did it before, I can do it again, I hope Click image for larger version

Name:	PBBE COmpleete.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	1103180

Comment

Doing poor man's burnt ends this weekend. Chuck roast. Done b4 really good.

Poor Man's Burnt Ends are a great way to get the classic BBQ flavors you love in burnt ends without having to smoke a whole brisket.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh yeah!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here