Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your go-to pepperoni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like whatever is laid out on the pizza I’m eatin. I’ll have to be mindful if’s it’s pepperoni that doesn’t suck or sucks.

Comment

Well, I have two sticks of Boars Head ordered. Will have to see if I can find Margherita somewhere and give that one a try too.

Comment

Venison made from last season's deer harvest.
        Harvest is that not a nice way to say I went out and shot . . . well you got the idea.
        (Just trying to be politically correct.)
        Last edited by bbqLuv; February 21, 2021, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope you let that poor deer have a PBR for her last meal.

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Drunken venison LOL is what's for dinner

I wanted to add that today I tried the Hormel minis on some leftover pizza and it was really good - cooking and everything. IMO, they are really good for a meat lovers pie since you can put a lot on without covering other stuff up.

Comment

I do love pepperoni, but I don't think I know enough about it to have a favorite. I usually just have it on pizza. Maybe I should look into some of these premium brands you guys are talking about.

Comment

As stated earlier by me Margherita Pepperoni is in my opinion the best. It’s made by Smithfield. I used to be able to by 8 oz. loose sticks at the deli in the grocery store I shop at. They have now switched over to Boar’s Head. I can sometimes find it still at Walmart.

What’s great about Margherita Pepperoni is that it’s more of a course grind compared to any other pepperoni I’ve had. It’s was also "dry" when I bought it from the deli. It didn’t seem greasy at all. Also the natural casing they use seems thicker than the one Boar’s Head uses. It has more snap.

You can find the sticks individually wrapped/blister packed but they don’t quite taste the same as the ones I’ve gotten from the deli.

Also in my opinion nothing good comes out of a pillow pack of pre sliced pepperoni no matter what brand it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DD620E3C-B02B-477A-BE65-1C2C959C3E8C.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	994031

Comment

Sometimes I think a good salami is better to go with.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here