Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts On Pizzacraft's 14" Perfect Pizza Stone For Weber 22"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts On Pizzacraft's 14" Perfect Pizza Stone For Weber 22"?

Considering the Perfect Pizza Stone as a forgiving way to learn pizza making https://www.pizzacraft.com/collectio...-stone-14-inch. I haven't found any mention of it on AR, and that gives me pause. Can anyone provide their perspective and/or suggest an alternative? Thanks.

I can't speak to it's use, but Amazon has it for just under $30.

Comment

After cracking some baking stones over the years, likely due to misuse, improper heating/cooling, etc, I like this Lodge 14" Cast Iron pizza pan:

It's prefect for baking more than just pizza, and can double as a griddle too, being cast iron. You sure won't have to worry about it cracking! I use it much like I would a regular pizza stone - I let it preheat to 450F or so in my oven or kettle, then slide the pizza onto it and stretch it out a little if need be to fill the pan.

Comment

• Argoboy
        Argoboy commented
        Editing a comment
        I have that same pan, ours came from Target and we like it. We had pizza stones and they cracked too.

I have that stone, and I love it. I have not burned the bottom of a pizza crust since I started using it. I also use it for baking round loaves of bread. When you get more confident, you can use the halves separately, and have two stones! You have to allow a good length of pre-heating time, since it is a large thermal mass.

I have had the stone for 3 years now, and I often use it outside on the Akorn. I'd say that for $30 on amazon, you can't go wrong.

Comment

Thanks all. Exactly the input I needed!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here