Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uuni Pro first Pizzas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uuni Pro first Pizzas

After cooking many pizzas in my home oven, thinking they could be better if I had a higher heat, I found a Uuni Pro on clearance at a Williams and Sonoma Outlet for $250. Seemed like a no brainer. Made my first pizzas in it last night using The Pizza Bible's recipe for Neapolitan crust and lumpwood charcoal with apple wood as the fuel.

Had some friends over and cooked six 12" pizzas on the Uuni Pro. All pizzas used some parts of pepperoni, sausage, prosciutto, 4 cheeses (mozz, gorgonzola, parm, and ricotta), arugula, basil, and cherry tomatoes.

Kept temperature between 800-950° and turned the pizzas a quarter turn every ~20 seconds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0388.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	695275

Name:	IMG_0387.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	695276

Since I use a pellet grill for my cooking and a gasser for searing, I do not get to experience the joy of seeing the wood fired flames. There is something very primitive and satisfying of seeing your food cooked with flames from wood...

Name:	IMG_0394.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	695278

With everything going pretty fast, I did not take a picture of all the pizzas, but here are a few...

White Pizza (mozz) with Prosciutto, arugula, and cherry tomatoes added after pizza came out of oven...

Name:	IMG_0393.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	695280

Sausage, basil, fresh mozz, ricotta...

Name:	IMG_0397.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	695281

Leftover from 4 cheese- mozz, parm, gorganzola, ricotta and basil...

Name:	IMG_0392.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	695279

Attached Files

Looks great. At that price I would have bought it too. Just too scared of what my wife would spend in that store to go looking...

Comment

• CowboyScott
      CowboyScott commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with you, What's ironic is that my wife and I were talking about this oven earlier that day and she was not on board with me spending $600 on a pizza oven. Then she's the one who dragged me into the WaS outlet and the Uuni is all we bought!

That is fantastic!! What a great buy, I’d say you got a killer deal !!

Comment

Great deal and Great pizza.

Comment

Great deal on the oven. And those look amazing. I would have to prove that I can make some killer pizza at home before my wife would allow the purchase even at that price lol. Guess I need to start practicing.

Comment

• CowboyScott
          CowboyScott commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been doing home oven pizzas for ~18 months before I took the plunge. Can't speak highly enough about Tony Gemignani's The Pizza Bible ($4.99 on Amazon right now for the Kindle version- which has been updated and has links to products he recommends). Fantastic book; changed the way I view and make pizza.

• AverageJoe
          AverageJoe commented
          Editing a comment
          CowboyScott I just went to Amazon and when it came up from the search I got a $5 kindle credit. So I got it for free LOL

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here