Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Your Favorite Hot Sauce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The buc-ee's sauces are at the top for me right now. Particularly the 7 pot primo and the scorpion pepper.

Comment

Not a lot of experience with hot sauce, so, I would have to embarrassingly say Siracha.

Comment

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        No shame in that!

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        That is currently my most used hot sauce as well. And the BEST sriracha I've tried is Tabasco brand. It has a much better flavor in my opinion than the Huy Fong (the one with the rooster on it). Around here only Publix seems to carry the Tabasco Sriracha, but its worth ordering online if you like the stuff.

Recently had our 5th annual Hot Ones Wings of Death Challenge. Here were the 12 sauces we used.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1747257B-7496-4AE9-99E5-A66DEC80BFCC.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	1301162

Name:	D95E3522-5DBF-4351-B396-F8232EB769A7.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	1301161

Name:	9040C76B-0762-48BA-98CD-4BE34B877846.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	1301160

The first 4 pictured were mild.
      The next 4 hit the medium to hot range.
      The last 4 were just stupid.

I’ll give a description on the sauces either later this evening or this weekend.

Let me know if anybody has any questions about any of them.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        How was that Apollo pepper sauce? I use Ghost and Scorpion sauce like other people use ketchup, but I’ve heard that stuff is another dimension entirely.

• ssandy_561
        ssandy_561 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mosca the Last Dab Apollo is next level. Past Last Dab sauces had some flavor before it burnt your face off. The only ingredients in Apollo are Apollo peppers and vinegar.

The one I use most often is Chipotle Tabasco. It's really mild and has great flavor. I'm not a fan of regular Tobasco at all, but I love their Chipotle. Second most often used is probably Franks, then Cholula.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wifey loves the Chipotle Tabasco. Actually, I like it too! My #2 though.

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the Chipotle Tabasco.... and the Tabasco Sriracha.

Also its funny you go from talking about a colonoscopy to talking about hot sauce again!

• hoovarmin
        hoovarmin commented
        Editing a comment
        jfmorris I know!

Not a huge hot sauce guy.
      Tabasco, Sriracha, Frank's wing sauce, and Cholula are what currently are in the cabinet.
      Of those, Cholula is my favorite..

Comment

Wondering if anyone has tried either of these hot sauces from De La Viuda..
        I'm trying to determine what the heat level is for them, and can't find info anywhere... even their website.

Name:	20231108_163037.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1503412 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231108_163048.jpg
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1503413

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          If that’s Kroger you’re at, I wouldn’t worry too much about it being too hot…..”usually” your hot sauces sold in a grocery store are aimed at the average hot sauce loving person. I’d go ahead and give it a shot myself.

Originally posted by Finster View Post
        Wondering if anyone has tried either of these hot sauces from De La Viuda..
        I'm trying to determine what the heat level is for them, and can't find info anywhere... even their website.

Name:	20231108_163037.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1503412 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231108_163048.jpg
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1503413
        Scovillionaires green sauce video. Sauce hits the spoons at about 3:55

They don’t think it’s hot, but they like it.

Review of both red and green,I didn’t watch this one.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          They LOVE the red sauce, the green sauce they thought was “good”, but they both thought the red was the best…

• Finster
          Finster commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Mosca
          Both compared it favorably to Cholula which I like, both taste and heat level.

Panhead John Food Lion, which is probably similar to Kroger.

I don't use a whole lot of hot sauce, and tend toward the mild side, as opposed to the wild side, but have been looking for something new to try as 2 of my favorites that I have been getting online from Peppr Palace are both out of stock..

Definitely will be giving these a try

At the Texas Renaissance Faire, there's a great hot sauce booth called Lady McArthur's (https://thepepperlady.com) and my recent favorite from her is Wabbit's Wevenge - a habanero and carrot based hot sauce. A little goes a long way and it dresses my deviled eggs up quite nicely.

I've also discovered Old Bones Chilli Co and like their Jalapeno Garlic Pepper Sauce a lot. Best one I tried at the hot sauce fest. https://oldboneschillico.com/collect...c-pepper-sauce
        Attached Files

Comment

Funny how this post just became active again. I receive the following hot sauces today from HEATONIST.com.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4990C1FA-0F80-44FB-85A6-1C91ADAFFAB3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.45 MB ID:	1503464
          Click image for larger version  Name:	90A4A2D6-0956-47AF-B2CB-84C352AEBB83.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.72 MB ID:	1503465

I figured since I am a fan of both Stranger Things and hot sauces I’d give them a try.

The Benny’s Burgers sauce is delicious. This will go on a burger so nicely. Not a lot of heat but just a small tingle. It contains garlic, pickles, red jalapeños, vinegar, mustard, onion, paprika, salt and pepper along with canola and avocado oils.

The Surfer Boy Pizza sauce is different. Not sure if in a good or bad way yet. Gonna have to try this on wings next time I make them. They tried to replicate a pineapple pizza in a bottle. It contains jalapeños, vinegar, onion, green pepper, Kalamata olives, pineapple, tomato purée, oregano, basil, fennel, salt and pepper along with olive oil.

The Hellfire Club sauce is more of your standard hot sauce with some subtle background notes. It contains mango, Yellow Scotch Bonnet, vinegar, yellow bell pepper, lime juice, mustard powder, turmeric, salt and ginger. It brings the heat. I needed to eat a bit of dairy after trying this one. I would get three or four wings with this sauce on it. I’d need a beer or two afterwards to regulate the heat though.

Comment

This is always a good thread.

My goto commercial cheap hot sauce for tacos has always been Tapatío, but I recently gave Valentina a try. I may switch. The flavor profiles are very, very close, but Valentina is quite a bit more viscous, which I think I prefer.

Valentina also has an Extra Hot variety that I think I will pick up today to try out.

Comment

I really like Tabasco Habanero and Tabasco Chipotle.

Comment

• Willy
                Willy commented
                Editing a comment
                Off topic, I know, but...are you still pleased with the results of your cataract surgery? I have a "diagnosis" of 2 on a scale up to 4. I see fairly well, but reading is getting harder, even with reading glasses. Would you wait longer before surgery or go for it soon?

OK, back on topic: As for hot sauces, I like Cholula, Cholula Chipotle, Crystal, and Tabasco Chipotle, and a bunch of others, but those four are my go-to choices.

ETTA: Frank's for wings, fer shure Valley Girl.

• Purc
                Purc commented
                Editing a comment
                At the Cajun MeatUp, during the Tabasco plant tour, I tried the Chipotle and really liked it as well. I like Cholula too.

• Elton's BBQ
                Elton's BBQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Willy Yes i am very happy with the cataract surgery. I only use reading glasses. Long distance visual are tack sharp.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here