Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried Bachan's Japanese Barbecue Sauce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried Bachan's Japanese Barbecue Sauce?

I have been seeing quite a few ads for this stuff online and I was thinking about using it to make a batch of jerky for my upcoming trip. This stuff looks and sounds amazing. I bet it would also be really good as a rib glaze as well. Just ordered a couple of bottles, I will let you all know what I think. Bachan's Japanese Barbecue Sauce
    Click image for larger version  Name:	tomato.jpg Views:	0 Size:	259.9 KB ID:	1079656Click image for larger version  Name:	Jerky-Recipe-Image_1024x1024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.3 KB ID:	1079657

Anyone else tried it? I know Attjack has.......

No experience with this stuff yet. But I too have seen a bunch of adds for it lately.
    Bet it would be great on flanken ribs too.
    Looking forward to your review John.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Two bottles on the way now. Hopefully it is good stuff. I will let you know.

I've been curious about this, too, and what the flavor profile is like. I'll be curious to hear of your thoughts on it, and anyone else's.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I have two bottles on the way now. So we will see! I'll let you guys know what I think.

I actually haven't tried it yet but we have at least one pit member that uses it frequently.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      There is 6 grams of sugar (pure cane) per serving. No chemical or "natural" additives.

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      "Non-GMO Soy Sauce, Mirin, Tomato Paste, Organic Ginger, Green Onion, Organic Rice Vinegar, Organic Garlic, Sea Salt, Organic Sesame Oil"

I can make that... I have all of the ingredients.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe you should whip us up a batch?

I have been using both the standard and spicy versions for a year. They are excellent. I highly recommend them.

Comment

• rgriffeath
      rgriffeath commented
      Editing a comment
      @spinaker

That sounds like a great idea. You will love it.

• rgriffeath
      rgriffeath commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve B Yes, both are great

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys. I now have two bottles of each on the way.
      I’m excited. 🙌

Yep, both versions are amazing! I use them frequently

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet! Thanks for the rec! I am looking forward to it.

This looks interesting. Thankfully, The Fresh Market 2 miles down the road is listed as a retailer that carries it, so I'll pick some up next time I am down that way.

Comment

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      DAMMIT. You made me look. And it's available at the butcher a couple miles from me. And I need chuck roast anyway.

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      rickgregory so sorry!

The Fresh Market only has the regular version in stock, but if we really like it, I'll order some of the spicy version online.

Ok, grabbed some of the spicy. It's quite good actually. Think of a very good teriyaki with some tomato overtones and a big kick of spice. It's nice and aromatic with a littte sweetness but it's not at all cloying.
    Last edited by rickgregory; August 19, 2021, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. Thanks for the review. I am looking forward to trying it. I should check if they sell it here, locally. I did not order the spicy one, but now I wish I would have.

Grabbed a bottle at the store today. It's basically a yakisoba sauce, which is exactly what it looked like from the ingredients. It's quite tasty, but not something you couldn't easily make on your own. It'll be nice having a sauce for a quick yakisoba or yakitori cook in the fridge. I could see doctoring the regular one up with some gojujang and gojugaru and using it to glaze galbi or chicken.

Comment

My bottles arrived! I like this stuff a lot. It is pretty thin, thinner than I thought it would be, but I love the flavor. There is a lot of depth of flavor. Terryaki flavor for sure, but nothing to crazy. I would really like to try the spicy version.

I still think I am gonna use it in my jerky marinade. Gonna be good.

I took some wing pics but I can't get them to load. I will add them once the system stops hating me.

Comment

This stuff is delicious. I made some wings last night and tossed them in the Bachan's Hot and Spicy and they were excellent. Love this sauce on chicken, flank steak, rice, pork, and pretty much everything else I have tried it on.

Comment

And who says ads don't work?

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Right

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee Spinaker And, not just an ad, but a viral AR phenomenon. Talk about infectious and highly transmissible, this Bachan's sauce makes the Delta variant look pathetic.

Jerky Marinade is on deck! I will let you know how it goes with the jerky game. Should be good stuff!

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            Add some Reaper dust.
            That’s what I’m talking about. 💪💪🔥🔥

Gonna do some flanken ribs tomorrow night with the original.
          I to shall post my thoughts.

Comment

I just bought a bottle of this at Fresh Market, and also bought a couple of pre-made chicken kabobs that I plan to try it on. I went ahead and brushed a bit on as a marinade, and tasted it at that point (from the bottle, not the raw chicken kabobs!). Very flavorful. Kinda BBQ sauce meets soy sauce in my mind.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here