Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shut the #%&$@ up, Mr. Gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's been kinda quiet for awhile so I guess this is his way of becoming relevant again.
    He's said something off the wall or outlandish and everyone's talking about him again.
    Stroke his ego for a few days and he'll go away.

Comment

I guess this clown is bored with his billions and now wants to play God

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t sugar coat it, how do you really feel?

You all are embarrassing yourselves, posting silly crap like you are.

At least go read the actual article that I posted a link to rather than reacting to someone's hot take. Calling Gates a clown and thinking he cares about being relevant is laughable. And maybe, just maybe, your identity shouldn't be so tied to your meat eating.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Speak for yourself please. My identity, and my expanding waistline and rapidly clogging arteries, are solely tied to my meat eating. And I am proud of it.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think anyone is embarrassing themselves for sharing their opinions. Let's remember everyone has opinions and everyone's opinions are valid, even those who disagree with us and our personal take.

• dubob
        dubob commented
        Editing a comment
        Au contraire Huskee; I believe someone is embarrassing the heck out of themselves by dissing the rest of us for even having an opinion on this.
        Last edited by dubob; February 20, 2021, 09:30 AM.

Your right relevant was the wrong thing to say, the man will always be relevant.
      I did watch a portion of your link, to be honest my eyes glazed over.
      Mr. Gates is a brilliant, idealistic and philanthropic person no question about it.
      But I always have wonder about some of his projects.
      How much is he going to make? and How much is he going to charge me?

Comment

A closer look: https://neilyoungarchives.com/news/2...-Neo-Feudalism (link from browser)

Comment

I don't like what Gates is up to. I can deal with things like mock duck and the fishy crab sticks for what they are.

Bill seems to think he knows better than any of us about a lot of things just because he has been so wildly successful. But, he
          was a software guy, and probably not even best of class except for marketing, technical and business decisions made by a lot of people other than him. Now he owns a ton of farm land. He has money to sway legislature. He could make it more expensive for beef to be raised and better for fake meat. He has too much power.

I will never forgive him for Vista. If he was so good that would never have happened. My own personal thing with that is how the windows browser worked with Vista. They hid temporary internet files in a hidden directory, you had to go down that directory to delete them. I filled up my disk before I found that out. Someone at Microsoft made that decision which was insane. You could set your browser to delete temp files, and it wouldn't do it.

He is expert at what he does, which is one thing. He is not a God to dictate to us on anything else. Too many monopolies.

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, Vista lol

Way to go klflowers Can’t ya just stick to posting about your Chimp and my quality paper products?
          Last edited by Panhead John; February 17, 2021, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            I know, I know. Got to get back in my lane. Doing some bacon here soon, we are out of the PJ luxury plating implements. Got to get more. How you doing down in frozen TX?

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Got some good news at 5:15 am. The power is finally back on at my townhome. The whole property was without power for 3 full days. And no water for 2 days. Been OK here at Moms. Only lost power twice. 2 1/2 hours one morning and 2 hours one night. Slowly warming up. Hope to go back home tomorrow if I have water.

Obvious marketing problem: people are going to associate whatever nutritional advice he offers with having the body of a soft and doughy computer nerd.

You want to sell fake meat, have someone like Jocko Willink or Joe Rogan push your product.

Comment

Gentle reminder here to not take this political. Debate the science, the perceived science, the lack of science, but don't take it political. Debate your preferences, Bill Gates' preferences, but do not insult someone who thinks differently than you, even if you're sure they are full of it. Keep the flames in your backyard not here. Thanks!

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              CaptainMike Don’t get sassy with me Mister, I’ll hit you with my purse and flog you with my pocket protectors.
              Last edited by Panhead John; February 18, 2021, 01:54 PM.

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Panhead John I'm reminded of the great line that Harvey Korman gave in Mel Brooks' History of the World Part I: "Don't get saucy with me, Béarnaise"

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              CaptainMike Funny as hell! 😂 One of my all time favorites.....Joey...have you ever seen a grown man naked?.....Do you like movies about gladiators?
              Last edited by Panhead John; February 18, 2021, 09:14 PM.

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
            Keep the flames in your backyard not here. Thanks!
            Love it.

Comment

I just don't see billionaire Bill standing outside tending to a fire, so I can't take him serious. The more people like him try to tell the average person what to do turns more and more people against his type of behavior.

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                I know! Many times I’ve climbed his backyard fence and have yet to see any sign of a grill.
                Last edited by Panhead John; February 18, 2021, 03:34 PM.

Wow what a cool and contentious post. After thawing out from a deep freeze (yes humans can survive after freezing) as well as becoming hydrated after days of only whiskey to drink, this is all I have to add...it’s your choice....

Click image for larger version

Name:	385C0CE7-77C0-4D03-89A8-20C658CE9320.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	991869

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                We need a "LOVE" button.

• klflowers
                klflowers commented
                Editing a comment
                What CaptainMike said

• Mark V
                Mark V commented
                Editing a comment
                I tried a beyond burger. I cannot say it tasted like beef, I did not like the flavor. Texture was a little different. You can say close, but still no cigar. I have had vegetarian friends that if you ate at their house you would be happy, they could cook! Not this though.

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
              Gentle reminder here to not take this political. Debate the science, the perceived science, the lack of science, but don't take it political. Debate your preferences, Bill Gates' preferences, but do not insult someone who thinks differently than you, even if you're sure they are full of it. Keep the flames in your backyard not here. Thanks!
              Perfect turn of phrase!

Comment

Gates is now on the bandwagon with the math question ... look that up I bet he would never hire anyone that thought the same.

Comment

Sorry, I thought this was about yelling at a hole in a fence.

Carry on.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here