Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shut the #%&$@ up, Mr. Gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gates’ probably just bought out Popeye’s, Raising Cane’s, and Chick-fil-a since the only thing mentioned was beef (at least as far as I made it though the article).

Comment

Since I grew up on a small Dairy Farm and worked in the Ag Industry (JD Dealership) my entire Career it might be better if I don't comment but I agree with most of the comments posted. Bill Gates probably just doesn't have a real good thermometer so he can't cook worth a darn. He should have a Membership to The Pit. Lol.

Comment

I guess my input on this would be, this might look like the "fad" now, but as we go down the road, what problems are we going to discover. Anybody remember when Olestra was next revolution in junk food?

Comment

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          The old "unintended consequences". Our politicians never think about those either...

If you're all going to bitch about this, read the actual interview. Not some hot take on it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/15/o...e=articleShare

From the person who DID the interview: "Just did a long interview with@BillGates and that’s not what he said at all. He still loves cheeseburgers but also tries to each[sic] more plant-based ones."

"He was saying rich nations should shift to plant-based, not zero out beef. By 100 percent he mean the product was entirely non-meat, not the practice."

https://twitter.com/karaswisher/stat...56369704153092
        Last edited by rickgregory; February 16, 2021, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Sounds bites and out of context quotes seem to stir to the world up (myself included) more than the whole story would.

• Willy
          Willy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for this. I have a huge respect for Bill Gates; he is trying to make a difference, from fighting malaria to promoting COVID vaccines to fighting climate change. We need more like him.

• Beefchop
          Beefchop commented
          Editing a comment
          I read the Jon Christian article originally posted and it's only 300+ words. Pretty light on specifics, so the conversation here is going to drift. There's more at the bottom of the Christian piece (MIT Tech Review) but that takes some digging.

Sounds like he is trying to stop us from eating food that was given to us to eat after the flood.

Thank You.

Happy Grilling to all.
        Last edited by bbqLuv; February 16, 2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I have no idea what Bill Gates eats, nor do I care. Whatever he eats, I hope he enjoys it and also celebrates in the fact he can eat what he wants to eat when he wants to eat it. I certainly hope that I will continue to be able to enjoy those same privilege's.

Comment

I posted this tongue-in-cheek, cause I have a messed up sense of humor. I read the article rickgregory linked through, and what big Bill actually said was, in response to do you eat regular burgers, he said I mix, I sometimes eat the real thing still. I know plant based meats are probably inevitable, maybe just not in my lifetime. I mean look at GMO crops. When they first started becoming readily available, I said hell no, not doing it, no way, never. Now unless I am at a farmers market and the farmer that grew the corn assures me it is completely natural, I have no idea where that last ear of corn I ate came from. Nor do I really care; I haven't grown any extra organs that I know of, except maybe this strange thing just below my chest and above my waist that keeps swelling up. I do kind of try to eat organic, but if I am at Wally World and they have a bushel of corn that looks good, or some tomatoes that are firm and ripe, well...

I am actually a Bill Gates fan. He is a proponent of nuclear power, which I agree with. I agree with most of what I hear about the Gates foundation. I just thought, in the context of the click bait I read this morning, that he should shut the *&*^*&#&* up about this.

And I wanted to share it with my closest friends. By the way, I have a friend that looks like a Bill Gates clone. After I read this this morning, I texted him and told him the shut the ... up. Then I sent him the link. He texted me back and told me he told himself to shut up lol.

Comment

• Donw
              Donw commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, I’m glad you clarified that but unfortunately you may have done it a little too late if the word has spread. I hope you have backups of all your computer data and don’t have need to use a Windows machine for a while. NSA is an 80 lb weakling compared to gorilla MSFT. 🙁

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              ofelles, just being mentioned in the same sentence as Panhead John makes me either swoon or feel slightly ill...

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              klflowers Most people prefer death.

Seeing as how at this time there's no commercially viable lab-made beef I'm not going to get my dander up too high.

Comment

I’m a big proponent of plant based and artificial meat. I can’t wait to boil them also.
              Last edited by Panhead John; February 16, 2021, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• 58limited
                58limited commented
                Editing a comment
                I didn't know he knew how to make ice.

• Mojo0209
                Mojo0209 commented
                Editing a comment
                How about some ""Amazing Boiled Fake Ribs”? Sounds yummy

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Y’all go ahead and make fun of me. Y’all will miss me when I’m gone. Frozen and unearthed in a future archeological dig, where I’ll be found in the jaws of a polar bear. In which mass herds invaded Houston during the infamous freeze of 21’
                Last edited by Panhead John; February 17, 2021, 09:52 AM.

He and his wife are probably in Davos eating cold smoked Salmon balls topped with Russian Caviar prepared by some poor schmuck, one has to wonder how many acres of his (farm) land he has in set-aside that is farm subsidized?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	main-qimg-2c8c58182e0080450141baa18c4ee74f.png
Views:	214
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	990898

Comment

I love it when he is interviewed as an expert on the pandemic when Microsoft couldn't keep viruses out of its products.

Comment

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Touché

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Now that is beautiful lol

Are we taking a poll on this?

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                    ComfortablyNumb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe, after we finish the poll of taking a poll, and properly rig it, of course.

• klflowers
                    klflowers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would have set one up, but in reality I didn't give a rip

• Andrrr
                    Andrrr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Voting eh? Can we guarantee no hanging Chad’s? That guy rubs me the wrong way

I work at Starbucks and we have an Impossible breakfast sandwich that is decent, but still not my first choice. If people want to switch that’s fine with me, but I would rather stick with the real thing!

Comment

Me when I read about the rich folk and their ideas to make food in labs and live on Mars

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210113-173830~3.png Views:	17 Size:	446.7 KB ID:	991088

Comment

• Andrrr
                      Andrrr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Saved

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here