Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum Foil Doing it right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HouseHomey
    replied
    I could never remember what side was supposed to go out so I always just put it on whichever way. Glad to know it didn’t matter.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    Silicon.. I see you’ve been to My place in Newport Beach.

• jfmorris
    replied
    I tend to put shiny side out, but not always, and figured it didn’t matter.

On honeybees - aluminum is the most common metal in the earth’s crust, ranking as the third most common element on earth, after oxygen and silicon. I doubt aluminum is their problem - more likely pesticides and toxins.

Leave a comment:

• jerrybell
    replied
    There's a shiny side?

Leave a comment:

• Cheef
    started a topic Aluminum Foil Doing it right?

Aluminum Foil Doing it right?

Just did a little quick online research on the proper use of aluminum foil or as the Europeans pronounce it Al-you-mini-um Ferl.
    Kind of surprised me as I've spent 50 years believing shiny side in when using foil. Come to find out there is NO difference according to Reynolds. One side is made shinier during manufacturing because it comes into contact with rollers.

I also ran onto an article that states aluminum foil in a super compressed state along with some other magic is used to create bullet proof glass?!
    Another article that puts forth a theory that Aluminum could also be contributing to Honey Bee Devestation due to toxic levels being found more and more in their bodies.

Anyone else on here spend the last however many years believing aluminum foil should be used shiny side in or out?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here