Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Compliment You Have Received For Your Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife asked for my ribs on Mother's Day. Forget brunch, forget breakfast in bed. She wanted ribs. Wasn't even mad when we didn't sit down until about 8:30 because I got a late start on the cook.

Comment

I haven’t had anyone turn down my food yet, but I suppose the best complement was last year. My son asked me to cook a Boston Butt for his church’s small group social. He reported back that the group thought I should teach BBQ classes, but my wife wouldn’t go for having an extra six grills around like Henrik did for his classes.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        You should, it’s a lot of fun!

Got any more?!

Comment

I dropped off a batch of pulled pork and sauce at my parent's home, and they shared some with their neighbors. Mom said the neighbors were saying it's the best they ever had, and wanted to know what brand the sauce was. I was happy to report, "It's me brand".

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Nicely done, amigo!
          Feels Good, huh???

Any sentence that has "Tasted good" without the word "but..."

Comment

The other day I made wings and my wife informed me, "these are the best wings I’ve ever tasted. Honey, these are better then any we’ve ever gotten at a restaurant." My wife and son, they love wings, so this was a great compliment.

Comment

Silence when everyone is eating.....they can't even stop to compliment because its so good. I know I've done my job as a cook when everyone is around the table just digging in

Comment

I'm a nube here, just starting out with a cheap arse smoker and plans for the air tank I have in the shed.
              Was feeding a family crowd some pulled lamb shoulder and afterwards my Uncle proclaimed he'd "like to thank the caterers" haha
              Gave me a warm and fuzzy

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here