Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorial Day Weekend Menu: enter yours here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking a butt for a mini high school reunion on Sunday. Pulled pork sliders with maybe red onion confit.

Comment

Got a KCBS backyard bbq contest on Saturday. Ribs and chicken. Should be plenty of leftovers. To mix it up, maybe some chicken and ribs.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        good luck with that !!!

BB ribs and pork butts should be dry brining while I'm at the Indy 500 on Sunday. Early morning cook on Monday. Planning five butts, four racks, and two spatchcocked chickens (for friends who don't eat pork). Also whipping up a batch of Mr. Bones style beans. Feeding family on Monday, my students on Wednesday, and all the science teachers on Thursday at the end of the school year party! I love this time of year!

Comment

Poker party on the patio. Pulled chuck sandwiches in between rounds.

Comment

Travel to Florida on Mem Day. So whatever brother is cooking.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Having a chef for a bro has its perks !!

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            Might be... they don't teach grilling at the CIA.

We're gone part of the time, but momma has been asking me to vortex some chicken leg quarters to that's probably going to get done sometime over the weekend. Like a lot of you I have a freezer full of meat so I may try to make some room. May be another quickie cook, just don't have the time for a long smoke unfortunately.

The older I get the more things seem to accelerate in life, there just isn't enough time....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	89AC0289-C35B-4261-9401-8B9D0F41A647.jpeg
Views:	129
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	682068 Me and about 19 other people are going to eat a dozen WINGS of DEATH on Sunday.

There is going to be around 35 people at the party but not everyone will be participating.

I picking up 80 lbs. of whole chicken wings on Saturday and me and my buddy are going to be breaking them down.

The 20 brave souls starting the WINGS of DEATH will attempt to eat a dozen wings each with a different sauce. The sauces range from 1800 scoville units at the low end to over 1,000,000 scoville units at the high end. There will be a 10 minute time limit per wing and the wing must be finished before moving on.

We did this last year and it was both stupid and fun.

Here are the 12 sauces we will be using.

Comment

• fracmeister
              fracmeister commented
              Editing a comment
              Yikes

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, +1 on the stupid. But fun!

• Murdy
              Murdy commented
              Editing a comment
              I forget the math:

80 lbs. wings = 80 gallons of beer?

I've also got a freezer with a bunch of meat in it. We have some friends coming in from out of town, they will be well fed if nothing else! I'm thinking pork butt and some sort of non-pork for our Jewish friends who will also be joining us.

Comment

Every year we descend upon Virginia Beach for a national wrestling tournament.
              My son is 125 lbs of pure muscle (and youth anger) and will competing all weekend. The food highlight is a great seafood buffet.

Comment

I pulled out a Prime Boneless Sirloin Spoon Roast out of the basement freezer up into the kitchen freezer, 4.3 pounds. I'll only do it if my daughter and her family come over. Not sure how I'll do it. Maybe spin it on the gasser, or low and slow on the kettle. I'll poke around for ideas, and of course any suggestions are welcomed.

Comment

• fracmeister
                  fracmeister commented
                  Editing a comment
                  MMM.. I have converted to doing these sous vide and sear. It just never fails

We're supposed to get rain this weekend, so may not do much outdoors. Historically it's sunny and warm here on Memorial Day weekend - great for barbecue and a fun day around the pool. This year...60F and raining.

Comment

I am torn. As of right now I have a turkey thawing and a brisket almost completely thawed. So I have a lot of meat getting ready for this week. I also kind of want to do some ribs. A bit ambitious to do all of that this week I guess lol

Comment

We do a big Memorial Day Breakfast Picnic Potluck with about 100-150 of our friends, their friends, acquaintances, and anyone who happens to show up. It started as just a family thing but has grown from there. So most of my Memorial Day food efforts will be focused there.

I will probably cook up a few pounds of bacon to start. And I might do a pork butt or some tri-tip or something like that for some simple breakfast burritos. If anyone else has some good breakfast ideas I am all ears.

Comment

Beer. Ribs. Beer. Burgers. Beer.

Comment

Brisket Flat and Point
                        Jalapeño-Lime Coleslaw
                        BBQ USA -Steve Raichlen - Mexican Charro Beans
                        Apple Crisp
                        Last edited by LA Pork Butt; May 22, 2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• fracmeister
                          fracmeister commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Fat or Flat? Both sound good....

• LA Pork Butt
                          LA Pork Butt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          fracmeister Thanks for catching the typo. Flat is better than fat.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here