Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1st Overnight with my New StickBurner! #IamStillAwakeAt230am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1st Overnight with my New StickBurner! #IamStillAwakeAt230am

Ok, my friends, it's BBQ Time! One of our friends (the wife) is turning 40 tomorrow. So the husband called earlier this week and asked my so smoke up some meat for the party. Here's who I invited

1.) My new 22" EOS, Tex (modeled after a Yoder Witicha)
    2.) A pair of 15 pound CAB Choice Brisket's! $3.28 a pound at Wal Mart - Thank you!!
    3.) 4 Picnic Roasts. They were on sale fr $0.89!!! I'm sharing these with some of my employees - they hear me talk about BBQ enough, so I want them to enjoy some more often!
    4.) 9 racks of St. Louis Cut ribs. I haven't cooked the Tyson brand much, and I see they are injected with a 7% brine solution. They look really good. I've also got some from my favorite packer, Hormel. So the side-by-side taste test will be useful for me tomorrow.
    5.) Several cans of Abita Strawberry Lager for the late night. I'm a super-loyal kind of guy, and Abita is located right here in good-ole Louisiana, so it just makes sense.

I just LOVE BARK, so I've been seperating my points and flats. Here is what one of them looked like tonight.
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-T...o/IMG_0760.JPG
    Well, since I have #SmallPicsSyndrome, you are going to have to click the link to see a real picture!

Here they are at the start, 1:30 am:
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-8...o/IMG_0763.JPG

And here we are a few minutes ago, at 3 am. (Yes, I see now that the picture is a little fuzzy, but I'm not walking back outside for another hour!)

I just put another split on, and the smoker it holding steady at 225, so I'm setting my phone to wake me in 70 minutes, and my first night-o-stickburning will continue!

P.S. the Picnic's are looking nice on the WSM!
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-N...o/IMG_0764.JPG

Nice! Cool thread Mr. Paul!

Comment

PaulstheRibList , lookin' good Paul. Great pics! Nice cooker...

Comment

Looking Great Paul. That is a good size cook. I am looking forward to your completions pics.

Comment

Holy cow, literally. Our wal-mart briskets are also $3.28/lb, but for Select and the occasional Choice.

Looking GUD!!!

Comment

Looks awesome...mouth waters...plans trip to the store!

Sam's packers last I checked are $3.88/lb and flats $6.87/lb. Both are Angus/Choice. No points at Sam's. I have not cooked brisket YET.

Comment

Ok, here is the 4 am update pic

and the 7 am good news, Bark is Here, on the point's anyway.

I moved the flats to the top rack. When they get a nice bark, I'll wrap until 203 degrees and that budda feeling!

The pork picnic's are on the way as well, firmly planted in that stall

Comment

Looking good Paul. I can't promise to do this every time but let me post your pics for you since you've got the tiny pic bug.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0766.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	64929

Name:	IMG_0767.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	64931

Name:	IMG_0768.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	64930

Attached Files

Comment

That's a lotta meat dude!

Comment

HOLY MOLEY, brother! You should be awarded hero status when you present these! Looking great - Nice work!

Comment

PaulstheRibList Where's the pic of this new OFF SET??

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                        PaulstheRibList commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'll try to put one below

Nice job Paul that should be the best party,awesome pics. what kind of wood are you using?

Comment

Very.Nice.

Comment

Alright...It's almost time!!!

Here are the ribs, 5 hours in. I like 6 hours, myself. Tug off the bone, bark nice and dark.

Did someone say, Brisket? Here are one of the flats...man, I'm getting hungry!

Spinaker, here is the new offset! Notice the mountain of wood and the new wood rack in the background.

And, to make it a 4 meat day, I added some Simon & Garfunkel chicken at the end of the day

Yeah!

Comment

Comment

• Huskee
                            Huskee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            This link is invalid for me

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here