Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technique question for the gurus...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
    Huskee we may have to create a "Low Brow" channel just for us common folk.

Actually maybe you should create a geriatric channel for all of us "Old-Farts" who have health issues with certain foods.

Comment

Originally posted by smarkley View Post

Actually maybe you should create a geriatric channel for all of us "Old-Farts" who have health issues with certain foods.
      You know that isn 't a bad idea as when we subscribed one of the things we are not suppose to talk about is healthy food but, it is a very big part of my cooking and I haven't been squeaky clean on not talking about it.

It doesn't have to be a Geriatric forum because I wouldn't qualify to be there as I am an 18 yr old trap in an old body. Maybe a "Healthy Alternative" channel so everyone that has something to share on the healthy front can get involved.

I think most of the recipes I see here a very healthy compared to a lot of other food forums, which I have been glad to see. Most of the folks here make their own products anyway so they not only know what is in them they do it because they have found they have more flavor.

Comment

• richinlbrg
        richinlbrg commented
        Editing a comment
        Inside all of us is an 18 year old saying WTF happened.

Good thoughts Barry!

Yeah.. I am an eighteen year old too... wondering what the hell happened to my body.

Comment

Hmmmm. Thinking out loud here. We could have "dietary restrictions" sub channel in the recipes and techniques channel.

Comment

• Strat50
          Strat50 commented
          Editing a comment
          That would be very good. I would be down with that.

Smarkley, try approaching your recipes differently, perhaps. While I like using canned cream soup from time to time, the food turns out better if I simply adjust the recipe to using stock, then a thickener, then add your cream. Wait to salt till the end. You'll use dramatically less salt, with the same flavor.

Comment

• smarkley
          smarkley commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Strat... I will work towards that. I guess it is all about thickening...

I stay away from canned anything as much as possible, even canned beer

Comment

• Marauderer
          Marauderer commented
          Editing a comment
          Ernest, you are my kind of guy!!

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
        Hmmmm. Thinking out loud here. We could have "dietary restrictions" sub channel in the recipes and techniques channel.
        Much better than "healthy" since health is subjective to each's own circumstances.

Comment

I struggle with shrinking pants and disappearing belt holes. So far the BP and ticker are doing good. But we all have our time coming this we cannot avoid. What I do is avoid smoking cigs et al, at all costs (I'm a respiratory therapist, I'd be hypocritical not to) and regulate alcohol intake. Calories is something I'm "working on" lol, and salt, well...I love salt.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here