Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great addition to your library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great addition to your library

Excellent Xmas present... -- Ed

A few of us here at AmazingRibs have this book, even Meathead. It is an excellent one, you're right!

Comment

Looks good, I got one on rubs and sauces that looks promising. I hadn't thought about smoking butter, but there is a recipe that sounds amazing for potatoes.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        I have smoked water for ice. Part of MH's Bloody Mary recipe

Butter sounds interesting

I have Steve Raichlen's Barbecue! Bible Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades. I've used the Lone Star Steak Rub for years - it's a favorite.

Most of the stuff I use comes from Cook's Illustrated - which I've paid dearly for ( but no regrets ). Also use the recipes found on this website - can't go wrong!

Below is a link to some NY Strip Steak Rubs from CI.

Hi All, Here's some rubs. I've only tried the last one and substituted 5 Spice Powder for Anise pods. ( You'll have to look this up for the correct amount -

Keep on rubbin'!

--Ed

Comment

My biggest problem with CI is they don't like lump charcoal. Great book!

Comment

Those folks know what they are doing. My problem with cook books and recipes is me! I can't follow a recipe, halfway reading a recipe I've already changed or moved on. LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest View Post
            Those folks know what they are doing. My problem with cook books and recipes is me! I can't follow a recipe, halfway reading a recipe I've already changed or moved on. LOL!!
            Hi Ernest,

Cool, but read Meathead's article and related posts when it come to making your own corned beef! ( I haven't developed the guts to do this - LOL! )

Yes, CI knows what they're doing - I've learned alot.

--Ed

Comment

OK, Day 2 of CI's "Ultimate Chili". Pretty $@#$% good - I need to get the dried chili's so I can make my own "American Chili Powder" - See Meathead's recipe.

Don't forget the fond.

--Ed

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here