Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AND THE SMACKDOWN WINNERS ARE……

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AND THE SMACKDOWN WINNERS ARE……

Wow, has this been fun! Thanks again to all the participants. I thought that instead of a "2nd place" designation awarded to sides, I think they deserve a "1st Place In Sides" moniker, along with the "1st Place In Meats" designation. Nothing changes except what we are calling it. Many of these side dishes were so outstanding I didn’t want to call the winner "second place". I hope y’all agree with me. We also had enough voting points awarded that I’d like to include an "Honorable Mention" to both the Meats and Sides categories.

Just for fun I’m adding a "Best Post Of The Smackdown Award" to the mix. This goes to the post with the best mix of humor and/or content. There was no voting on this, just my personal opinion…And just for added drama…there was a tie on this award! Oooh, the tension is building!

HERE WE GO FOLKS!

Please see new post with all the images: here...

1ST PLACE IN MEATS IS AWARDED TO …..treesmacker. Yahoo! Congratulations sir!

1ST PLACE IN SIDE DISHES GOES TO…..Wayne T! Wayne, you definitely earned it!

HONORABLE MENTION IN MEATS GOES TO…..58limited.

HONORABLE MENTION IN SIDE DISHES GOES TO….David Norcross. Congratulations folks!

And now for the award you’ve all "really" been waiting for My picks for the "Best Post of the Smackdown" which was a tie between Klflowers and David Norcross. I’ll post links to them shortly in case you missed it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C60A2EB9-6023-49BC-BC74-A248401D7D3F.jpg Views:	4 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	1290143
    Congrats again to the winners, but really, all the participants are winners in my book. I’ll be posting something soon about a trophy.. Thanks

treesmacker 58limited klflowers
    WayneT DavidNorcross
    Last edited by raywjohnson; September 8, 2022, 06:29 PM.

Congratulations to all the winners!!!

Comment

This was rigged!!! 😁
      Congrats to the winners!

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        You wouldn’t believe how much I made in bribe money!

Congratulations, both very worthy winners. I believe by being a part of the whole experience was a winner on its own.
      This was a great idea and we'll coordinated. Thank you PJ.
      Now can I have my bribe money back.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        You’re welcome holehogg And I’m sorry, but as I told you before, bribe money is non-refundable……

Be sure to post a photo of the trophy! Congrats to all. What a great weekend. A total blast. And thanks to PJ and the judges for their time and effort.

Comment

treesmacker WayneT DavidNorcross (TEAM PELLET FOR THE WINS!!!!!) Congrats Teammates! You did it. We all are winners because we all had deliciousness. But you guys brought it home for Team Pellet!

​​​​​​​58limited Best of the Stick Burners... you labored hard (harder than anyone firing up a pellet cooker), repped with your KBQ (which is basically a pellet grill that eats sticks... ;-) *ducking*) Congrats.

Comment

• randy56
          randy56 commented
          Editing a comment
          Team Pellet goes down as winner.

PS- If Kflowers were any more styling, he'd be Rupaul Charles.

Comment

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Not buff enough. Me and Terry work hard on our physiques. But the red suit...

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Klein Epstein Parker... For the Win!

crab must not have counted as meat

Great job everyone, especially the winners. Super thrilled at the variety of plates everyone turned out.

(PS Panhead John, maybe direct link the post of each applicable winning submission? in your main post)
        Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; September 7, 2022, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• WayneT
          WayneT commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude, that Crab Imperial is gonna be replicated at this house very soon! That was such a gutsy cook and the outcome was over the top. Thanks so much for doing that.

What an entertaining weekend that was! And congrats to all the winners and to all the participants. I didn't see a single post of food that I wouldn't devour without hesitation.

Comment

Congratulations all! This was some of the most fun in BBQ I've had in a long time!

Comment

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Your dish was truly outstanding.

• Michael_in_TX
            Michael_in_TX commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you.

What an honor to be mentioned among all of those great cooks. Loads of fun was had by all! Again great job to Panhead John , all the judges and everyone who participated!

Comment

• Draznnl
            Draznnl commented
            Editing a comment
            What they all said. Great avatar!

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Way to represent us pellet people young man...

• DavidNorcross
            DavidNorcross commented
            Editing a comment
            You too klflowers !

Wait what about me.... Oh, nevermind . Congrats to ALL cooks, participants, and judges! That was fun to watch.

Comment

Awww shucks! Thanks y'all. (Let me get over my false modesty. Done!)

I can't say how honored I am to be in such august company. Seriously, this is exhilarating and humbling at the same time. Most credit goes to my lovely wife, Mari Jo, for her inspiration and perspiration during this event. Huge, huge kudos to Panhead John for the idea and execution of this craziness. And, whoever you may be, remain anonymous and accept my thanks, esteemed judges.

Enough of that. Team Pellets seized the day and took it to the finish line in grand form. Thanks to treesmacker & DavidNorcross for spectacular cooks on behalf of pellet pooper owners everywhere. We collectively brought respect and acceptance - not that it was needed - to a more refined, subtle and laid back method of cooking. Stick Burners were equally well represented by 58limited who brought it home for them. Keep stoking those fires! It's a big outdoor cooking universe and there's always room for everyone.

And with that, "y'all come back now, heah?" Cue the Ballad of Jed Clampett.

Comment

Congrats to all - everyone who posted done good.

Comment

Congrats to the winners! Not sure how smoked Spam didn't at least get an honorable mention, BUT treesmacker 's cook and presentation did make me want to lick the screen...

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh hell, I forgot to mention….YOU WON THE BEST SPAM AWARD! Congratulations Timothy! 🙄🤭

• tstalafuse
                  tstalafuse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Panhead John and rightfully so! I was also randomly selected for enhanced screening at the Austin airport when I was the only person on the SW flight...

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here