Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for meat delivery to Oahu, HI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for meat delivery to Oahu, HI

Hi all, I'd like to send my brother some fine steaks for Xmas, and he lives in Hawaii on the island of Oahu. Obviously no mainland-based outfit ships all the way there, and I have had no luck finding someplace local where I could order for delivery to his place.

Does anyone know of anyplace on Oahu that might do this?? Thanks for any pointers!

I don't see why they don't. If you have fine steaks available locally you could ship them yourself. I would suggest shipping them frozen in an insulated cooler with ice. If you shipped from Alexandria on Monday the 20th with 2nd Day Air via UPS it arrives on Wednesday the 22nd.

So, let's work this out. You are a nice brother, so you get a Yeti Roadie Cooler for him. Pack it with steaks and ice and ship it from a UPS store in your town.

Cooler: $200

Steaks: You fill in the blank here, but steaks and ice should add up to 17 pounds. Any more shipping goes up.

2nd Day Air to Honolulu from Alexandria on 12/20 with 12/22 delivery date: $232.31. Or for $347.02 you can get it there a day sooner.

That latest CD from James McMurtry is looking pretty good right about now, eh?

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Apparently not through a UPS store. Just ran their calculator and it didn’t offer any flat rate options. Anyhow, it made it in time for the birthday.

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Donw UPS Stores are a franchise and individually owned. I don't know if they tack on a markup or not, but at www.ups.com you can calculate a shipment, pay for it with a credit card, print the label, and hand it to any driver or drop it off at a UPS Store or shipping center.

• DaveD_SpaceBBQ
      DaveD_SpaceBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, that is so above and beyond the call of duty sir! Thanks for all that legwork. Getting way out of my price range though. Yeah, maybe the James CD is the way to go!!

ComfortablyNumb For what that would cost, he could fly over, take him to a nice dinner, and fly home.

Comment

The Big Island has some substantial beef cattle herds that service the island chain, start searching there.

I did a quick search and found this place, might be a good start: https://hawaiianprime.com/
      Last edited by CaptainMike; December 17, 2021, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• IFindZeroBadCooks
        IFindZeroBadCooks commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 find a local supplier!

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Local is better, save a ton on shipping and avoid mishaps. Personally, gift certificates are the way to go. Let the giftee choose what they want.

• DaveD_SpaceBBQ
        DaveD_SpaceBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely looking for a local supplier if at all possible, and I saw that site -- all they seem to have are gift packs that are way more than what I'm after (and what he could store or even want to eat). What I'd like to do is just have a pair of wagyu ribeyes delivered, ideally...

How about Spam instead. Or a smoked ham?

Comment

https://www.kaunamanofarm.com/

These guys ship

Comment

• DaveD_SpaceBBQ
          DaveD_SpaceBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, saw them too, and they are sold out for their ribeyes, according to the site.

Try Googling for a butcher shop near where he lives. See if you can order and pay for the steaks over the phone, then have him pick them up if they don't deliver or have a local delivery service available.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo