Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SURVEY: Children think bacon comes from a "bacon plant"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SURVEY: Children think bacon comes from a "bacon plant"

A survey suggests children (age 4-7) may not know where their food comes from.
    • Over 2/3 believe that bacon comes from a plant
    • All animal-based foods were mis-identified by at least 30% of children
    • Cows, Pigs, and Chickens were said to be inedible by 77%, 73%, and 66% respectively
    • 46% of kids think French fries are animal-based
    The researchers admit that some of the survey results may be skewed merely due to the age range and lack of food knowledge of the young participants

Foolz....its brought by kindly old elves....

Comment

My 5 year old knows bacon comes from a pig’s belly. Ive educated him!!

Comment

• Cows, Pigs, and Chickens were said to be inedible by 77%, 73%, and 66% respectively
        that tells me that Parents don’t know how to cook cows, pigs, & chickens 77%, 73%, & 66% respectively….

Comment

To see the world though a child's eyes... they picture the living animal, and probably think 'edible' means can you go up and take a bite out of it.

Comment

It doesn't? Well that explains why that bacon tree I bought never produced

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	bacon tree.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1125250

Comment

Of course bacon comes from a bacon orchard aka trees. I’m glad somebody got things right around here finally. Ham bush is nice, but everybody knows ham comes from a box like pancakes.

Comment

Serendipity. As I'm reading this thread, I'm wearing this t-shirt. Taking into account that kids these ages also believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and cooties, this isn't really surprising.

Name:	bacontrees.png
Views:	139
Size:	408.1 KB
ID:	1125261

Comment

• bbqLuv
                    bbqLuv commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cooties are real. Scratch that.

• bbqLuv
                    bbqLuv commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That t-shirt is so funny, where can I get one.
                    My wife just shook her head.

• WillTravelForFood
                    WillTravelForFood commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Technically, bbqLuv is a vegetarian - except all the vegetables happen to be converted into something tastier by magical animals.

Remember, you are what you eat -- and as long as you eat those magical vegetarian animals, you too can be considered a vegetarian

Well, bacon does come from a plant, aka processing facility or factory.

Comment

ComfortablyNumb being our farming expert should have the final say in this!

Comment

Name:	80E84079-B272-48AF-9407-947116B11D95.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1126733

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here